“Wonderful birthday treat but not sure if I would pay these prices”

The Woodhouse Day Spa
Reviewed September 4, 2013

My BFF treated me to 'The Soma' (combo of Reflexology & Shirodhara Scalp Massage) for my birthday. I opted out of the warm oil meant to be poured on your third eye (center of forehead) because we had plans afterwards & I did not want to walk around like an oil slick. The therapist was sweeet & very accomodating so just had a great scalp massage, followed by reflexology on the hands & then the feet. LOVED the reflexology on the feet & found myself snorting myself awake several times ... I seldom get that relaxed during a body treatment. My friend had the Signature “Minkyti” facial & came out shining like a new penny.

The place itself was very serene & super clean. Treatment rooms are a comfortable size. Staff is uber friendly. Had no issue with the relaxation area being co-ed because you're wearing a nice oversized robe to keep your bits in (seriously, it's like a 3X). I would really like to come in the cold months for a body scrub & seaweed wrap

The only thing keeping me from giving this place higher rating are the prices. They're a little ... much. If you're planning to partake of the services on a regular basis, you should probably keep looking - the prices @ Woodhouse Day Spa unfortunately make this an occassional treat. For the average working woman, it would be fairly cost prohibitive to do a facial/massage on a monthly basis

2  Thank LexiBelleville

Reviewed July 29, 2013

Have been to Woodlouse spa a few times for a manicure-pedicure and always enjoyed it. The staff is very good and the spa itself is very upscale and well thought out.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

I've been here several times and find it to be a very relaxing spa. The atmosphere is great and the massages and facials are very good too. There gift certificates make great gifts for Mom, sisters, teachers or friends. Give it a try, I don't think you'll be disappointed!

Reviewed June 3, 2013

Though the staff and atmosphere are very welcoming, this is truly an average spa environment and my therapist was just average at best. This is the type of location that wishes to be a lot more but can only really achieve impressing novices.

Locker Area - very small with the basic necessities. There's only one shower and one changing room. There's certainly no steam or sauna offered here.

Quiet/Relaxation Room -- if you turn off the "spa" music and brighten the lights, it can easily be anywhere in the US dental/doctor's office. There's not a lot of comfy seating choices. My bedroom is bigger than the space provided. There's a small water dispenser (which had no ice when I visited) and ONE type of tea offered. Older magazines are offered with many repetitive offerings. It's extremely basic and very bare bones. I also found my wait to be longer than expected. You are in essence, stuck with nothing to do but hear "first time spa visitors" gush over everything (entertaining and perplexing).

Massage Session - again, rather basic treatment rooms with the same music as the Quiet Room (you usually get a choice of what you want to listen to). The rooms were nevertheless comfortable with the appropriate level of lighting. My therapist was just at the average level. A few things:
1. she never asked me if the pressure was appropriate
2. when i asked for firmer pressure (as indicated on the form completed) - she applied WAY too much pressure.
3. i could tell right away that she lacks knowledge of how to truly address muscles and her client's anatomy.
4. my husband's massages are probably at the same level as what was provided by this therapist -- you go to a spa for a trained professional
5. i couldn't see the connection between my answers on the questionnaire and the service delivered
6. you must always deliver an even body massage -- she left one side of my body unattended as she was wrapping up

I believe the place is ok for a visit without expecting much of an escape or highly trained therapists. I was disappointed in the overall experience. I might consider a return visit if my friends insisted and then go out on the town for dinner since it is such a nice town location with lots of shopping and eating choices. However, I would struggle with paying for mediocre massage (or general rub down) and not be able to shower in comfort in the one single shower offered. It's ok but can do SO much better! Nice welcoming staff all around though!

2  Thank WonderousTraveler
Reviewed October 16, 2012

I visited the spa because it was a birthday gift that I received from my son. My entry to the spa and through the entire day it was bliss! I was brought to a changing room with lockers two bathrooms a shower where you would be able change and put away your things before entering into another room called the "Quiet Room" to fill out the paperwork that was required. You were provided a robe and slippers.
In this "quiet room" you were offered herbal tea,granola bars, water with lemon or just plain cold ice water. Like every spa there was very tranquil music playing throughout the rooms. Upon changing and heading to the quiet room I was also given a warm neck pillow that would relax and get me ready for my massage.

The package that was bought for my birthday was called the "spa classic" & in this package you received I think it was a 50 minute massage a 50 minute facial and a 50 minute pedicure. I was there for almost 4 hours.

Within five minutes of getting there and filling out the forms, Rochelle came and retrieved me from the quiet room to give me my massage. From there I went back to the quiet room where I had a nice cup of hot herbal tea and a little more relaxation. From there Vanessa came and retrieved me to do my facial and she was also the one that did my pedicure. In the facial room, it seemed her player was broken so we didn't have music in the room.
They ( Vanessa & Rochelle) were both very pleasant & took very great care in making sure that I was comfortable and relaxed.
Everyone seemed very professional , very nice & the place was very clean and they were very accommodating. I also asked to get a manicure done because I needed one and that was not in the package and they fitted that in because I was already getting a pedicure with Vanessa and that worked out perfectly. I actually got a paraffin treatment with manicure. I thought that prices were reasonable and I would definitely recommend and will be going back to Woodhouse Day Spa.
One slight draw back is that parking is hard to find in that area but there is a parking garage called the Crescent Deck across the street from there and the spa does validate your ticket. I found however that I had to end up paying at the "Pay station" that you have to go to first before leaving the garage. I thought validating a ticket meant you shouldn't have to pay. It asked for $5 then after several tries it said I still owed $1. I paid and that was that.

Also upon checking out as I had to pay for my paraffin manicure, I was being charged in error for a service I didn't get, but that was cleared up in a 2nd. All in all it was very good day. Very wonderful place and totally recommend. I thanked my son profusely for my birthday gift :-)