“The service was absolutely awful!”
Review of Antonio's

Antonio's
Ranked #5 of 47 Restaurants in Monroe
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed November 7, 2013

My friend and I went to lunch at Antonio's with "Jean" and "Lily." Jean was paying. She took us there because she kept saying how great Antonio's was, and how she went there all the time.

After we were seated, we immediately noticed that the table was broken. It kept rocking. This didn't bother me so much, but it bothered Jean. She said that a lot of their tables are broken, and she just had to call someone over to fix it. I asked why they don't let the table stayed fixed after they fix it, and she didn't know. Anyway, a woman said that she would come over and fix it. She never did.

After we placed our order, Jean asked the waitress to get someone to come over and fix the broken table. She said okay. When the waitress brought us our soup, Jean said that no one had come over to fix the table. The waitress said that it was because she had completely forgotten to ask someone to do it. Eventually, a woman came over and fixed the table.

Jean and Lily ordered chicken parmagiana, my friend ordered flounder parmagiana, and I ordered pork chop Murphy. The waitress came over with three plates and slapped them down in front of Jean, Lily, and my friend, saying, "Chicken parmagiana, chicken parmagiana, chicken parmagiana." I said to my friend, "You ordered flounder parmagiana, didn't you?" My friend said yes. Then the waitress exchanged my friend's plate for one of the other plates. They all looked identical to me. Lily said she thought the plate in front of Jean looked like flounder. I had no opinion, because all I saw on each of those plates was something covered with tomato sauce and mozzarella.

My friend tasted her food. It was chicken. When the waitress came back with my food, and she was told that she had given my friend chicken, she just picked up the plate and put it in front of Jean's chair (Jean was in the ladies room at the time), and gave my friend Jean's plate. I was shocked that the waitress thought it was okay to give food that had a bite taken out of it to someone else. When Jean came back to the table, we told her what happened, and she said that she didn't mind. I said that the waitress should have just brought over the two plates of chicken parmagiana and then brought over the flounder parmagiana. My friend said that the waitress was too busy to do that. I was just glad that my pork chop Murphy couldn't be confused with what the others ordered.

I was glad that Jean was paying, because I don't know what is an appropriate tip to give to a waitress when she brings over three plates at the same time that all look alike, but they aren't alike, and when she finds out that she gave the wrong plate to someone, her solution is to give the plate missing a bite of food to the person who ordered it, and even though a bite of food is missing, so what? I don't know if she would have done that if the switch had involved someone at another table. And she never said that she was sorry.

I bet Willie of "Restaurant Stakeout", Anthony of "Hotel Impossible" (if either one of these restaurants had been a hotel restaurant), and Jon of "Bar Rescue" (if either event had taken place in a bar) would have had a fit, and I don't think that Robert of "Restaurant Impossible" and Gordon Ramsey would have been happy.

The food was good, and there was plenty left over to take home in a doggy bag, but the service was so bad that I don't want to ever go back.

Reviewed November 1, 2013

The food is excellent. The service is good and take out is the best in the area. Joe the owner is a great guy.

Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

My gnocchi was great, the bread was warm and just out of the oven, the salad was fresh and crisp and others in the party liked their pasta and eggplant parmesan. Nothing fancy -- just good food, pleasant servers, and good sized portions at a reasonable price.

1  Thank lfiebert
Reviewed October 6, 2013

1. lied about wi-fi. didn't have. 2. No ac. Place so hot, 3. Ordered linguini/clams - got pasta with clams. 4. noisy noisy noisy. Tried twice just in case I was wrong
I WASN'T. dont go for a quiet dinner - you will never find it here.

Reviewed September 13, 2013 via mobile

We stopped on a road trip to order a plain pizza. Everyone was friendly and helpful. A bit rough around the edges,but very lively. The pizza was decent but not spectacular and I bought a box of tasty italian cookies

1  Thank yiji

Been to Antonio's? Share your experiences!