A difficult review to write as there are pluses and minuses. However, overall the pluses outweighed the minuses.
I've been coming to the area for a few years mainly to ride the roller coasters at Six Flags Great Adventure down the road in Jackson. I also like to be within wasy driving distance of Princeton where I love to eat at Penang restaurant which serves superb authentic Malaysian food.
There aren't many reasonably priced options in the area and I was pleasantly surprised to find the great prices offered for Red Roof Inn. With the reasonable price, I was able to upgrade myself into a king room with a fridge and microwave.
The Inn is easy to find just off US Highway 1. Morning and evening traffic can be a bit busy on the 1 but there are a lot of eating and food shopping options within easy driving reach. I also like to get to Quakerbridge Mall to shop and there are a few movie theatres all again within easy reach. Another tip is to drive and park at Princeton Junction train staion to have a day trip up to New York City. SFGA is about a 30-40 minute drive away.
The pluses are that the king room I had was spacious with a lovely comfortable bad and decent pillows. Everything looks newly decorated. The fridge and microwave were useful with the Stop and Shop supermarket just down the road at South Brunswick Square Mall. There's a lift to the second floor.
The unfortunate minus was a slight mildewy (?possibly smoky) smell especially in the bathroom despite the room definitely being non-smoking. Not enough to be terrible but needed the fan going all the time in the room to remove the odour.
In the end, I decided to score it in accordance with the fact that I would return here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy comfort and convenience at our Days Inn Monmouth Junction Princeton hotel. Located in the heart of central New Jersey right off Route 1, our Monmouth Junction hotel is near Princeton University, Princeton Corporate Park, Johnson & Johnson, Bristol-Myers Squibb and several corporate locations, as well as Quaker Bridge Mall, McCarter Theatre Center, New Jersey State Fairgrounds and the Raritan Center, making our hotel ideal for your next Princeton, NJ, business trip or vacation. Wake up each morning to a free Daybreak continental breakfast, surf the web or check your email using our free Wi-Fi, and take advantage of our ample free parking, including large-vehicle parking. Our in-room amenities include flat-screen TV and safe, and kids 15 and under stay free with an adult at our pet-friendly hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your Days Inn Monmouth Junction Princeton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Red Roof Inn North Princeton Hotel Monmouth Junction
- Red Roof Inn Monmouth Junction
- Monmouth Junction Red Roof Inn