“Friendly helpful staff. Excellent value for money”

Days Inn Monmouth Junction Princeton
India
“Friendly helpful staff. Excellent value for money”
Reviewed May 29, 2013 via mobile

Needed a stayinot far fr JFK airport to recover fr a long flight before driving longer distances. It was easy to find and the location had the necessary amenities to facilitate a short night stay. Rooms were clean and because children stayed free, it was excellent value for money. We were able to comfortably accommodate the family of 7 in 4 queen beds in 2 rooms. It was a bit crowded but manageable. Staff was quite friendly helping us with hot water and restaurant recommendations.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Asheville, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed May 11, 2013

Room was clean and adequate for our needs. Beds comfortable, shower had good water pressure. Easy to find. Front desk helpful in finding restaurant. Televiosin, however, did not have sound ona channel we wanted to watch. Would stay there again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed May 8, 2013

I've stayed at this RRI many times in the past and have not had a bad experience until this past trip. I encountered the most rude and unhelpful front desk check in clerk. I wanted to use my CLC account for this trip and she would not allow me to pay for my room with that card. She repeatedly told me (the customer) that I was wrong and she could not help me. She insisted that I had to pay using my personal card. If the hotel is no longer participating in the CLC program, then get off their web site. I had to push the issue and she grudgingly said she would "honor" the rate CLC had given me. I would have stayed at another facility just to avoid that most unpleasant front desk check in clerk. A far cry from previous staff who had gone over and above to help with any and all issues....

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the back of the hotel, less road noise.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Canadiantraveller014
New York
Reviewed April 15, 2013

Recommend this hotel for visits to Princeton area.
Clean, quiet hotel.
Excellent value. Wifi strong.
Convenient to Princeton University area.
After a couple of recent bad experiences with economy hotels, glad to see you can still find a good value. Trip advisor comments were helpful.
Just bring your own coffee and possibly pillow.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

We had guests in town for a family wedding and I booked 20 rooms at the Red Roof and everything was flawless.

Steve, the GM was very accommodating and made sure all our guests felt comfortable and had what they needed as most were from abroad.

The rooms are spacious and very clean. They come with a fridge and microwave which is nice to have.

They don't provide breakfast but down the road there are number of options like Dunkin Donuts, a bagel store, and a Target. There is a Mexican restaurant down the road and the food is horrible!

Overall this is a great hotel if you are looking for a nice room and don't want to break the bank. I will certainly be back!

• Stayed January 2013
Orlando
Reviewed March 29, 2013

Excellent stay ,,I stayed at this location while working in New Jersey . The staff and management made myself andmy coworkers feel right at home . i give this hoteland excellent rating and would reffer them to anyone . you guys kep up the good work.

Nils Sims

Room Tip: room 122 was mine the staff kept it very nea and clean
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Mooresville, Indiana
Reviewed March 8, 2013

My husband, his friend, and I stayed at this property during the USBC Master's tournament 2013. I had to book this room a few days before we came to the tournament because of how rude the Residence Inn Marriott was down the road from this property. We were given the USBC rate of $59.99 a night plus tax for a double room for the week.

This property is not how it is described on the Red Roof website. They talk about modern conveniences and upgrades, but we didn't experience that at all. We arrived early on the day of check in. My husband asked the gentleman that ran the night shift if any rooms were available and he said no rudely and that we won't be able to check in until 3pm. The website states that check in is at 1pm. I called the desk when a different person took over about 10 minutes later and explained the situation to her. She said they had rooms available. I came in and told her what the night person said. She said well he can't check anyone in. I don't care if he can check anyone in or not, he shouldn't have lied and been rude to my husband. We were willing to wait until 1pm if necessary, but to lie to a customer is unacceptable. She did promptly check us into a room after being on the road for 12 straight hours. We were put into a "pet room" because we had our dog with us. She is a 17lbs pug. She doesn't make messes or destroy anything, but yet we were put in a small and musty smelling double for the week. We had to constantly as for towels and toilet paper. When the room was cleaned, it was done well for the most part. The tv cable was horrible, it cut in and out all the time and the internet was of average use. They don't offer breakfast which is a negative. I understand that staying at a Red Roof is not a 4 or 5 star hotel, but if you list that there have been upgrades to the property then all customers should be able to experience those luxuries. If we come back next year for the USBC Masters again we won't be staying here. It never stated on the website that if you bring a pet you are designated to a pet room. We would have put our dog in a kennel for the week back home so we could have stayed in a better room if we had known that. We stayed at the Red Roof in Columbus, Indiana and that property is very good. The staff is friendly, the rooms are clean, and everything is well taken care of. I wish this property could have been the same, but clearly the Red Roof Corporation is not uniform for all it's properties. I do not recommend this property for anyone that has to stay for an expended period of time.

Room Tip: If you stay in room 120, this is a pet designated room. The bath tub drain plug does not stay up...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

#3 of 5 in North Brunswick
Holiday Inn Princeton
Holiday Inn Princeton
#9 of 15 in Princeton

Been to Days Inn Monmouth Junction Princeton? Share your experiences!