Days Inn Monmouth Junction
$111
$129
Red Carpet Inn and Suites(Monmouth Junction)
$120
$116
La Mirage Motor Lodge(Monmouth Junction)
$61
$151
$144
$147
$134
Sonesta ES Suites Princeton(Princeton)(Great Value!)
$179
Hotels.com
All reviewsroom was cleanmicrowave and fridgedozen timesexcellent valuecheap placeyou'd expectbusiness travelpleasant staystaff was friendlychecking outan upgradechannelsmonmouthroutenjjunctioninns
Reviewed March 8, 2013

My husband, his friend, and I stayed at this property during the USBC Master's tournament 2013. I had to book this room a few days before we came to the tournament because of how rude the Residence Inn Marriott was down the road from this property. We were given the USBC rate of $59.99 a night plus tax for a double room for the week.

This property is not how it is described on the Red Roof website. They talk about modern conveniences and upgrades, but we didn't experience that at all. We arrived early on the day of check in. My husband asked the gentleman that ran the night shift if any rooms were available and he said no rudely and that we won't be able to check in until 3pm. The website states that check in is at 1pm. I called the desk when a different person took over about 10 minutes later and explained the situation to her. She said they had rooms available. I came in and told her what the night person said. She said well he can't check anyone in. I don't care if he can check anyone in or not, he shouldn't have lied and been rude to my husband. We were willing to wait until 1pm if necessary, but to lie to a customer is unacceptable. She did promptly check us into a room after being on the road for 12 straight hours. We were put into a "pet room" because we had our dog with us. She is a 17lbs pug. She doesn't make messes or destroy anything, but yet we were put in a small and musty smelling double for the week. We had to constantly as for towels and toilet paper. When the room was cleaned, it was done well for the most part. The tv cable was horrible, it cut in and out all the time and the internet was of average use. They don't offer breakfast which is a negative. I understand that staying at a Red Roof is not a 4 or 5 star hotel, but if you list that there have been upgrades to the property then all customers should be able to experience those luxuries. If we come back next year for the USBC Masters again we won't be staying here. It never stated on the website that if you bring a pet you are designated to a pet room. We would have put our dog in a kennel for the week back home so we could have stayed in a better room if we had known that. We stayed at the Red Roof in Columbus, Indiana and that property is very good. The staff is friendly, the rooms are clean, and everything is well taken care of. I wish this property could have been the same, but clearly the Red Roof Corporation is not uniform for all it's properties. I do not recommend this property for anyone that has to stay for an expended period of time.

Room Tip: If you stay in room 120, this is a pet designated room. The bath tub drain plug does not stay up. It smells musty.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank MCRANE0603
Reviewed December 10, 2012

We had about 40 guys staying at the Red Roof Inn doing storm repair. We also had guys staying at 5 other hotels. The Red Roof Inn was by far the best value. The staff was friendly and helpful. The rooms were spacious and clean compared to the other hotels. Everything was "modernized". We work on the road quite a bit and the Red Roof Inn is at the top of our list as far as overall value.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Joe D
Reviewed December 9, 2012

Smallest motel room I stayed in my whole life. For the size of the room, they are really over priced. If you travel with dogs, beware. They will force you to stay in gross, smelly rooms. The clients can run on the seedy side and the manager can be a major jerk.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank Candy C
Reviewed December 7, 2012

I stop at this motel usually three to four times per week. About one year ago, the hotel changed hands and boy how times have changed! I am now greeted by a friendly smile by the young lady that runs the front desk. Even though I usually have no reservations, even with the 'Sandy' issues, she always found me a room and always has that epic smile.

I recommend the place as a location if you need a clean bed and a place to sleep, especially after 16 hour days!

It may occasionally have, shall we say "unusual" type guests, but that's what makes a motel a motel, right?

Always clean, safe and pacing is always available, very reasonable, as well!

Most importantly, that warm greeting and that special smile!

Room Tip: Ask for the executive suite upgrade (King size bed, no smoking and work area, includes free coffee, microwave and fridge. Most restaurants on Rt 27 deliver here.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 28, 2012

I stayed at the Red Roof Inn because it is close to my office and the bad weather did not allow me to get home. I was on the 3rd floor in room 317 and it was fine. The room was the smallest hotel room I have ever been in, but it was clean and all I needed was a bed and a shower. The internet worked just fine and of course there was a TV as well. Nothing fancy, but a fine place to crash. The parking lot was full so I imagine others were in the same situation as myself. Considering the price (very cheap compared to hotels in the area) I would definitely go back if I get stuck at the office again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business