My husband, his friend, and I stayed at this property during the USBC Master's tournament 2013. I had to book this room a few days before we came to the tournament because of how rude the Residence Inn Marriott was down the road from this property. We were given the USBC rate of $59.99 a night plus tax for a double room for the week.
This property is not how it is described on the Red Roof website. They talk about modern conveniences and upgrades, but we didn't experience that at all. We arrived early on the day of check in. My husband asked the gentleman that ran the night shift if any rooms were available and he said no rudely and that we won't be able to check in until 3pm. The website states that check in is at 1pm. I called the desk when a different person took over about 10 minutes later and explained the situation to her. She said they had rooms available. I came in and told her what the night person said. She said well he can't check anyone in. I don't care if he can check anyone in or not, he shouldn't have lied and been rude to my husband. We were willing to wait until 1pm if necessary, but to lie to a customer is unacceptable. She did promptly check us into a room after being on the road for 12 straight hours. We were put into a "pet room" because we had our dog with us. She is a 17lbs pug. She doesn't make messes or destroy anything, but yet we were put in a small and musty smelling double for the week. We had to constantly as for towels and toilet paper. When the room was cleaned, it was done well for the most part. The tv cable was horrible, it cut in and out all the time and the internet was of average use. They don't offer breakfast which is a negative. I understand that staying at a Red Roof is not a 4 or 5 star hotel, but if you list that there have been upgrades to the property then all customers should be able to experience those luxuries. If we come back next year for the USBC Masters again we won't be staying here. It never stated on the website that if you bring a pet you are designated to a pet room. We would have put our dog in a kennel for the week back home so we could have stayed in a better room if we had known that. We stayed at the Red Roof in Columbus, Indiana and that property is very good. The staff is friendly, the rooms are clean, and everything is well taken care of. I wish this property could have been the same, but clearly the Red Roof Corporation is not uniform for all it's properties. I do not recommend this property for anyone that has to stay for an expended period of time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy comfort and convenience at our Days Inn Monmouth Junction Princeton hotel. Located in the heart of central New Jersey right off Route 1, our Monmouth Junction hotel is near Princeton University, Princeton Corporate Park, Johnson & Johnson, Bristol-Myers Squibb and several corporate locations, as well as Quaker Bridge Mall, McCarter Theatre Center, New Jersey State Fairgrounds and the Raritan Center, making our hotel ideal for your next Princeton, NJ, business trip or vacation. Wake up each morning to a free Daybreak continental breakfast, surf the web or check your email using our free Wi-Fi, and take advantage of our ample free parking, including large-vehicle parking. Our in-room amenities include flat-screen TV and safe, and kids 15 and under stay free with an adult at our pet-friendly hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Days Inn Monmouth Junction Princeton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Red Roof Inn North Princeton Hotel Monmouth Junction
- Red Roof Inn Monmouth Junction
- Monmouth Junction Red Roof Inn