“No Longer in Operation”

Cuisines: American, Sushi, Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 15, 2014

A victim of Sandy, this once great lunch spot is no longer. The sandwiches here used to make your mouth water just thinking about them.

Date of visit: February 2014
3  Thank Mary L

Reviewed October 26, 2012

We used to go to Sallee Tee's before Hurricane Irene flooded it. It's reopened, but has a different chef. I went with my old standby, the scallops in an orange ginger sauce. They were priced higher, there were fewer of them and they were served with carrots. I thought I remembered rice in the past. The salad was good. The bread- a roll sliced into 5 slices. Oh, maybe it was a mini loaf of bread, but it looked like a roll to me. My husband enjoyed his steak, though this was also priced higher. We passed on dessert. Will probably stick to lunch. I do give them props for the lobster-shrimp bisque.
It was an early Saturday evening and we were celebrating our anniversary. Though the place was still empty we were seated next to the serving area and by the door to the bar. That meant lots of wait staff activity, but not necessarily for our table.

Date of visit: October 2012
Reviewed October 18, 2012

Consistently good food, especially the sushi! Servers are very friendly. Great views from all around!

Date of visit: October 2012
Reviewed September 12, 2012

My mother and I had been on a culinary tour for 7 days through NYC, brought her back to the beach to get back to work. Little did I know, our best meal, the one that made her moan, was at Sally Tees. Seriously - no BS. We ate every day at a top spot in the city and sheer variety and quality to that variety made us both feeling that the best we ate over the 8 day span was all that night we ate DINNER at Sally Tees.
Cheers to the Staff! The Bartenders! The CEO & Prez and most of all to those sushi chefs and regular chefs who rarely get the accolades they deserve. Would I recommend this place? Not YES, BUT HELL YES!

Date of visit: September 2012
Reviewed September 6, 2012

Went on Labor Day. Disappointed in the madness of the restaurant. Don't remember it ever being that way. Seemed like way too many wait staff. So noisy in there you can't hear yourself think. My meal was ok. I had the grilled tuna sandwich. Asked for a light sear and it was done a bit more than that. What I didn't like was that is was on a huge bun. My husband had stuffed shrimp which was an enormous rip off. Way too expensive and it didn't taste very good. Our visit before this one was also a disappointment because their signature Lobster bisque in the the bread bowl seemed watered down. Too bad.

Date of visit: September 2012