“Best corned beef hash ever”
Review of Jim's Lunch

Jim's Lunch
Ranked #7 of 72 Restaurants in Millville
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
“Best corned beef hash ever”
Reviewed July 16, 2013 via mobile

try it when you can get it. once it is gone, that's until they make another batch. it is so good, you cry when your plate is empty. They close from some time May thru October and I can really go for the CBH or Turkey dinner platter. One more plus, Michelle is a great server.

• Visited May 2013
3 Thank Richard B

southern new jersey
“The very best diner in the whole state!”
Reviewed June 10, 2013

On Fridays, they have a turkey platter that tastes just like Mom used to make on thanksgiving. The burger has a special secret sauce that is a local favorite. If you are ordering lunch, call ahead. The place is always packed, so be prepared to wait for a booth, but you can usually grab a seat at the counter pretty quickly. Nana Rochelle's carmel apple pie is the best I've ever had! Love Jim's lunch!

Visited May 2013
south jersey
“a local landmark....”
Reviewed May 21, 2013

Jim's, Millville's #1 little burger joint, now that Joe Torelli isn't around any longer. I go there for the burgers and fries with a side of sauce, so I cant comment on any of the other food. I don't think this is the kind of place that outsiders will understand. The food isn't off the charts good, you wont say that its the best burger you've ever had or anything like that.
I guess its more of an institution for people who grew up here. Us locals can't go there without running into a handful of old friends. The burgers are small, but good and priced fairly. Sometimes you have to wait in line to be seated, but the food doesn't take long to get to you once you are seated. I never went here when Joe Torelli's was open, but things change and this is the next best place.
my only advice is to get back home or to your hotel quickly after enjoying your lunch, trust me you will thank me later.

• Visited May 2013
“I will not return”
Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

I went here because I've heard so much about this place. I got the double cheese burger that is a must (so I was told). This burger did have a signature taste but nothing special and it was as thin as a strip of bacon. I like a thick juicy burger. The burger was served to me on a piece of wax paper. Not a plate, or paper plate but a piece of wax paper. My son got a Reuben (on a plate) that he was happy with but it was nothing special. All this being said the prices were in line with what you got.
Now for the main reason that I will never return. I sat at the counter. I could see food being prepared. Sitting out was a roast pork, roast beef, ham roast, and a whole turkey. They were all just sitting out not in any type of temperature holding anything (bacteria doubles every 20 minutes). So, I watched one of the staff making turkey platters, he did this using his bare hands. He would reach into the turkey and pull out some stuffing (bare hands), then he would tear off some leg meat and put it on top of the stuffing (bare hands), then he would slice some of the breast meat with a knife and use his bare hands to pile it onto the plate. I witnessed this multiple times it must be popular. The bare hands coupled with the food being left out is just asking for trouble. I did see a satisfactory health department certificate on the wall. But I'm not going back.
This is my take if your doing that in the wide open view of customers, what else are you doing that is substandard as far as I'm concerned that I'm not seeing. I will admit that this place was packed so people can't be leaving there sick all the time, but I'm still not going back.

26 Thank Johndell
Millville, NJ
“Jim's Lunch is one of those hidden gems that most people just drive by.”
Reviewed February 14, 2013

First off, who spelled the name of this place wrong in the initial review? You can't spell Lunch? Wow.
Anyway, Jim's Lunch is a tried and true tradition in Millville, NJ. It actually doesn't need Trip Advisor since it is packed out every day by people who know how great it is. It is a local diner and they offer some traditional fare. However thing I think it is most famous for is it's double cheese burgers and fries with cheese. You want to get two of the burgers as they are small by Mc Donalds standards but very tasty and they have a special sauce on them that I have never seen anywhere else. Jim's Lunch is only open in the winter months while school is in session. So if you drive through in the summer you will think it is just another failed business in a small town. You need to go while school is in session, and go a few times before making up your mind about it. The food is good, the atmosphere is good, the service is very quick and friendly. I would highly recommend Jim's Lunch to anyone who lives in the Millville area and hasn't tried it yet. You will not be sorry. To others who are traveling through, it is a one of a kind experience that you can only get in Millville, NJ and no where else in the world!

• Visited December 2012
2 Thank kenwilfy

Been to Jim's Lunch? Share your experiences!