“Modestly priced place to stay”

Country Inn By Carlson, Millville
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Millville
Reviewed July 23, 2013

This motel has little that makes it stand out from other places. The full breakfast (included) was decent, though not great. The rooms were a bit musty. There is an outdoor pool that is useable, but certainly could be better landscaped. You do have use of a full gym about a mile down the road.
We were visiting friends and family in the area, and found the location central.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 22, 2013

I have stayed at the country inn in Millville several times, this year alone. Every time I've been there the staff is very friendly, they address my needs almost immediately, and its like home away from home. The rooms are always nice and the staff is very on point with breakfast as well. I recommend this hotel to anyone! It might not be off a major road/highway, but its only a street away! :)

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is the best value in the area and is also one of the nicer spots. Although close to the expressway it was off in a nice quiet corner that was actually quite cute. The complementary breakfast was better than most hotels with a few hot items including biscuits and gravy. Although very clean in every way, the hallways and room furniture looked a little more tired than the last time we stayed. If they keep it as clean as it is, the price is right an worth another visit on our way to the wildwoods.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed July 11, 2013

I have come down to Millville several times for business and typically stay in other hotels. I stayed here as this is where one of my coworkers always stays. It was nothing fancy, pretty much did the job and that was it. The room was fine for what I needed it for and free Wi-Fi is always a plus. My tv wasn't working, but I had long days of meetings and the last thing I wanted was management disturbing me or moving me to another room, so I just did without the tv while I was there. Also, this will sound odd, but the location of power outlets in the room was very strange. I use my cellphone as an alarm and there was no outlet close enough to the night stands to set it there (it's sometimes hard to hear, so I like it on a night stand next to me). I also had to move the coffee pot into this old entertainment center thing that was in my room for some strange reason to plug it in (where it was sitting, there was no outlet near it for use).

Anyway, just minor comments, but generally everything was fine. Having more than a continental breakfast was nice too - I like my eggs in the morning! Staff was nice and helpful when I checked in/out as well. Overall, I'll likely stay here again when I'm in town later this year.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 10, 2013

This place needs a BETTER Front Desk Staff, I work at 2 hotels and have been for years. This was my vacation so I tried to stay away from the Hotel World for a day. I was extremely upset about the check in process, it took more than 20 minutes for the lady to check us in. you have unknowledgeable staff at the desk, there’s 3 people there and it took over 20 minutes. Donna screwed up my stay as I called in to conform it and also asked for an email conformation, like I said before I work at a hotel so I know the process. I work at a Radisson which is also part of Carlson. The pool was not clean at all dead bugs in the water, drinks were left outside. I checked in about 9pm NO manager was available, and the Indian lady at the desk gave attitude, when like I said before I work in this industry so I know what I am doing. NEVER again will I stay here and I will write a review on Trip Advisor and Foursquare also. The staff told us on the phone that Atlantic City was 30 to 45 minutes away it was OVER an hour to get there. Now I know I would get in big trouble and can get terminated on spot for doing such a thing like this. I stay at many hotels due to my points; your hotel was by far the WORST. I’ve stayed in Comfort Inns with better service.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Carlson Hotels C, Online Customer Support at Country Inn By Carlson, Millville, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We apologize for the dissatisfaction of your stay. We take the time to listen to your constructive comments so we can continually improve our services. Please keep in mind that Radisson and Country Inns are two very different chains. Radisson hotels are known as a full service hotel , which requires more staff and Country Inns is not so they have less staff in the evenings. We hope for another opportunity to exceed your expectations.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Have stayed here for many years on our way to Cape May. But this experience was a shock. This hotel is deteriorating. Our recent experience included: keys that did not work, a broken sofa bed, a non-working thermostat, a dirty toilet and tub, a missing privacy curtain in the suite, fire alarm rang on and off all night, the phones were dead. And no manager on the premises deal with complaints. Need I say more?

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Carlson Hotels C, Online Customer Support at Country Inn By Carlson, Millville, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2013

Reviewed June 12, 2013

I think there are some trolls putting in bogus reviews on this site. I booked a room at this hotel during my kid's soccer tournament with a great deal of trepidation after reading some of the alarmist "DO NOT STAY HERE" reviews. Here's the real deal: this hotel is comfortable, well-located and most importantly, immaculately clean. The carpet in my room was clean, the bathroom was clean, the beds were clean, the public areas were clean, etc., etc. The people at the front desk were also polite and helpful. The complimentary breakfast was pretty basic, but pretty much what you would get in any mid-priced hotel.

My one complaint was the heating/cooling units in the room. It was hard to get the room to a comfortable temperature.. the air conditioner ran too cold, and the fan was too loud. Other than that, i was pleasantly surprised during my stay.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Millville
Fairfield Inn & Suites Millville Vineland
Wingate by Wyndham Vineland
Quality inn
Quality inn
#5 of 7 in Vineland

Been to Country Inn By Carlson, Millville? Share your experiences!