“nice atmosphere”

Country Inn By Carlson, Millville
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Millville
Reviewed October 8, 2012

I found it to be a nice quiet homey place to stay. I didn't try the breakfast so I have no opinion but I would go back to stay again when I am in that area. also...Millville Queen Diner.....great place to go if you like diner (I sure do) reasonably priced, plentiful platefuls.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank cookiesgirl1

Reviewed September 24, 2012

The hotel itself is a bit dated, but it was clean and nice. I stayed here because it was very close to NJMP. The air conditioner in our room was an older unit and it was loud when it ran.

The people made up the difference though. All the staff that I met were very happy and friendly. Even though the sign said the breakfast was at 7:00AM on weekends it was ready at 6:00AM and the lady who ran it was very nice. They know that their clientele was mostly racers and wake up early and they accommodated them which is nice of them to do!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank RacerDad0
Reviewed September 19, 2012 via mobile

We've always chosen this chain when in need of a hotel. This is te first time we were a bit disappointed. The room and hotel were clean, however, just very well worn. The breakfast was not as great as @ other country inn & suites we have been to. The location was off the beaten path as well. .. would not book this particular country inn again. Just like them a little newer.

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed September 5, 2012

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed September 3, 2012

Me and wife stayed as this place for are one year anniversary, and it was horrible! We booked a king size room and they gave us a two double beds. So we had to sleep in seperate beds! We was on are way to Ocean City NJ. And this made are trip not to fun! When I went to the desk to ask for a rate change I was told sorry that's all we got! Very poor service, also we thought there would be a restaurant and bar per there web site, but was told its been closed for years! Then take it off the website. That's false averstisement! I would not recommend this place to any one!

Un happy guest!

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed August 15, 2012

Stayed at this lovely country in with a group of birders for the spectacular Purple Martin festival. It is convenient to the birding staging area and walking distance to Wheaton Art Center. Lobby was cozy, lots of places to sit, The fireplace and book shelf for books to lend was a nice plus. Large welcoming porch with comfy wicker chairs.

Receptionist was friendly and helpful. Requested extra pillows and they were delivered quickly with a smile. The blackout curtain was broken; I reported this and it was kind of fixed before bed time (still broken, but fixed enough to block outside light).

Our room was nicely decorated in country style with two very comfortable brass beds, and was very quiet; this allowed for a restful, romantic night. Amenities : 24 hour coffee, tea , cookies and fruit were available, on-site guest laundry, a clean outdoor swimming pool, high speed Wi-Fi, free parking , guest computer in lobby, lending library, newspaper. Standard in room amenities: , small older TV with cable, coffee maker, iron/board, hair dryer, free local calls.
Complimentary breakfast was delicious and plentiful: Hot scrambled eggs, hash browns, corn beef hash, hot fresh oatmeal, fresh bagels, toast, muffins, pastry, juices, cereals, make your own waffles, yogurt and fruit salad.

To be fair and provide the reader with a thorough report the housekeeping and maintenance need improvement. Screens are visibly ripped, window sills are very, dusty. The two telephones in our room were so, so grimy and dirty, I purchased Clorox wipes and wiped them myself. Blackout curtain was broken and fixed during our stay.

I hope management addresses the minor housekeeping and maintenance issues because this truly is a nice place to stay and could rate higher with minor attention to details. I would gladly stay here again and will report back on my experience.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Gershwin12
Reviewed July 3, 2012

I stayed for 2 nights. This Inn is in a quiet, rural area in a nice setting and it's a good base for visiting South Jersey. Excellent desk management (went out of their way to find me a ready room for an early check-in). Literally 100's of TV channels and free, fast wifi.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Millville
Fairfield Inn & Suites Millville Vineland
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites Millville
Hampton Inn & Suites Vineland
Wingate by Wyndham Vineland
Quality inn
Quality inn
#5 of 7 in Vineland

Been to Country Inn By Carlson, Millville? Share your experiences!