“Never Again!”

Country Inn By Carlson, Millville
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Millville
“Never Again!”
Reviewed September 3, 2012

Me and wife stayed as this place for are one year anniversary, and it was horrible! We booked a king size room and they gave us a two double beds. So we had to sleep in seperate beds! We was on are way to Ocean City NJ. And this made are trip not to fun! When I went to the desk to ask for a rate change I was told sorry that's all we got! Very poor service, also we thought there would be a restaurant and bar per there web site, but was told its been closed for years! Then take it off the website. That's false averstisement! I would not recommend this place to any one!

Un happy guest!

• Stayed September 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Forest Hills, New York
Reviewed August 15, 2012

Stayed at this lovely country in with a group of birders for the spectacular Purple Martin festival. It is convenient to the birding staging area and walking distance to Wheaton Art Center. Lobby was cozy, lots of places to sit, The fireplace and book shelf for books to lend was a nice plus. Large welcoming porch with comfy wicker chairs.

Receptionist was friendly and helpful. Requested extra pillows and they were delivered quickly with a smile. The blackout curtain was broken; I reported this and it was kind of fixed before bed time (still broken, but fixed enough to block outside light).

Our room was nicely decorated in country style with two very comfortable brass beds, and was very quiet; this allowed for a restful, romantic night. Amenities : 24 hour coffee, tea , cookies and fruit were available, on-site guest laundry, a clean outdoor swimming pool, high speed Wi-Fi, free parking , guest computer in lobby, lending library, newspaper. Standard in room amenities: , small older TV with cable, coffee maker, iron/board, hair dryer, free local calls.
Complimentary breakfast was delicious and plentiful: Hot scrambled eggs, hash browns, corn beef hash, hot fresh oatmeal, fresh bagels, toast, muffins, pastry, juices, cereals, make your own waffles, yogurt and fruit salad.

To be fair and provide the reader with a thorough report the housekeeping and maintenance need improvement. Screens are visibly ripped, window sills are very, dusty. The two telephones in our room were so, so grimy and dirty, I purchased Clorox wipes and wiped them myself. Blackout curtain was broken and fixed during our stay.

I hope management addresses the minor housekeeping and maintenance issues because this truly is a nice place to stay and could rate higher with minor attention to details. I would gladly stay here again and will report back on my experience.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Gershwin12
Florence, Kentucky
Reviewed July 3, 2012

I stayed for 2 nights. This Inn is in a quiet, rural area in a nice setting and it's a good base for visiting South Jersey. Excellent desk management (went out of their way to find me a ready room for an early check-in). Literally 100's of TV channels and free, fast wifi.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Chambersburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 25, 2012

This Country Inn is adjacent to WheatonArts (which I highly recommend a visit!) and that is its best point. Otherwise, the attached restaurant has been closed for the past few years and that part of the property is neglected. The rooms are average: comfortable beds, clean, desk/chair, etc. The color in the TV in our room was off, but since we didn't rent the room to watch TV, we didn't care. Housekeeping forgot to put more toilet paper in the bathroom and that was really the only issue. Pool was refreshing after a busy long hot day. Breakfast was mostly simple, refined carbs and did not have a lot of options as we've seen at other Country Inns. Front desk folks were friendly. Overall, adequate for our needs, but probably wouldn't stay here if it wasn't for its location.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank eohainle
Millville, New Jersey
Reviewed June 25, 2012

My boyfriend and I booked a night just to use the pool (LOL) for a birthday weekend. We arrived 2.25 hours before check-in, and asked about early check-in. The occupants in our room hadn't checked out yet, so we asked if we could wait by the pool. Which we did. Changed into our suits in restrooms adjacent to the pool area, and away we went. The pool is big enough, and very clean. The area had a lot of lounge chairs, and a few tables with umbrellas. Fortunately we brought our own beach towel because the box of towels didn't get replenished the whole time we were down there. Did get into our room after 2pm (smoking/king), and went right back down to the pool. Our only pool companion for most of the afternoon was a mother and her 2 year old daughter; however, later in the afternoon, 2 boys came down (7-8 years of age) and one told me that the other one doesn't swim very well and to keep an eye on him. Seriously? Where are the parents? We did keep an eye on the kid until a group of 17-year-old-looking girls came down to claim him. The room was just okay. My biggest gripe was the fact that there were 2 remotes for the TV. Oh, and the banging of doors in the middle of the night. 3:30am to be precise. No reason to still sound like your trying to destroy the place an hour and a half after the bars close in the area. Room was clean enough, but i noticed how stained the drapes were in the morning (when light was streaming through the pinholes someone had popped in the drapes). There's no elevator, so think about not filling your cooler with ice 'til you get up to your room! Didn't hit breakfast in the morning, but the cookies on the counter at check-in were nice, and the girl at the counter was very pleasant. Millville is about 40 minutes from Ocean City and 45 minutes from Philly, so if you're looking for a central spot for your south Jersey vacation, the area is a great choice. Saw a bunch of kids Sunday that must have been heading to the Metallica festival in Atlantic City... about 40 minutes away. Oh... and rooms that weekend in Atlantic City? Not in a casino? You're looking at $500 plus. Our night was about $90 with a AAA discount. I'll take it!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank SNJ_Sue
East Rutherford, New Jersey
Reviewed June 18, 2012

My family and I booked 5 rooms at this hotel for a very short stay. When we arrived at the hotel, we hung out for about an hour or so and then hit the road again. In all honesty, this property was the perfect choice for a "mattress run" because I’ve definitely seen better Country Inn & Suites before. Not that there was anything “wrong” with this place in particular, but it was very dated (at least 20+ years), stale, and lacked the “cozy-component”. Oh, and I was a bit turned off that 2 out of our 5 rooms were stocked with obviously-previously-used bath products… yuck. However, the staff were friendly, and this hotel could work as a good basic stay for those in need of one [and that's about it].

The lotion in my room was clearly used already (the bottle was squeezed in, the product was half-full, and it had a sticky and messy cap).

Hey, at least I got a "pool view". LOL

For my complete review of the property, including pictures, please visit my blog post here: http://boardingarea.com/blogs/justanotherpointstraveler/2012/06/17/fathers-day-family-mattress-run/

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank aaucello
Ringwood nj
Reviewed May 4, 2012

Staff was very curtious, and informative.
Room was spacious, bed was california king, a great extra perk,
Convenient location, would definitely stay again, for the price you cant
do better!!!!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Millville
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites
Hampton Inn & Suites Vineland
Fairfield Inn & Suites Millville Vineland
Quality Inn & Suites Millville
Wingate by Wyndham Vineland
Quality inn
Quality inn
#5 of 7 in Vineland

Been to Country Inn By Carlson, Millville? Share your experiences!