“Wish I had a positive experience.”

Fresco Steak & Seafood
Ranked #2 of 31 Restaurants in Milltown
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Sussex, New Jersey
“Wish I had a positive experience.”
Reviewed November 13, 2012

Went here a few times and never had good service. I felt they were very spiteful if you didn't rush at their pace and weren't interested on how your experience went. There were flies around us the entire time. After dining here I still cannot believe they are known for their fish. The chilled seafood cocktail was almost not edible. I love love oysters and clams, sadly couldn't eat them because they weren't fresh. The surf and turf - steak was dry and the lobster tail was OK. The only thing good about this place is rock shrimp.

• Visited August 2012

South River
“A nice restaurant in East Brunswick”
Reviewed November 12, 2012

I've been here several times and they are always consistent. I usually get their seafood as its fresh and very good. They are a BYOB which can keep the cost down!

Visited February 2012
1 Thank Kathryn Y
Wilmington, North Carolina
“A Little-Known Gem in Central NJ”
Reviewed November 11, 2012

I've lived in North Carolina for a year now, but this restaurant is one of the NJ gems that I truly miss. Their seafood is fresh and delicious; but one of the best meals I've ever had was the crab cakes from a specials menu. It had a lemon sauce that made the meal float on air. I can honestly say that I've never had a bad meal here, and the wait staff is incredible. It's a BYO, and they treat you like a special guest. If you're looking for a delicious meal at a reasonable price, this will definitely be a nice surprise.

• Visited December 2011
1 Thank karinocity
Yardley, PA
“no secret--busy BYOB with fine food”
Reviewed November 11, 2012

Lovely meal, not lovely service. One of the dishes was a large porterhouse, a touch fatty but tasty and accompanied by a healthy serving of veggies. Another was bouillabaisse, again a generous portion with a big variety of seafood. I'd rank the bouillabaisse over the steak, frankly. Cheesecake for dessert was light and creamy. Really satisfying food all around.

The service was slow and not exactly delivered with a smile. The waitress may have had to mind too many tables, but a busy restaurant like this ought to prepare for the Saturday night crush.

One good piece of information that we got from the waitress was to go to the liquor store right in the same strip mall, and then bring wine back to the table. The liquor store is small but has a nice variety.

• Visited November 2012
Central NJ
“Pleasent suprise in a strip mall”
Reviewed October 18, 2012

We had dinner this week with business associates at this BYOB restaurant in a strip mall.
Their prix-fixe dinner offered Mon-Thur is a great value at 25-30 with 5 or 6 selections at each price-includes appetizer, main & dessert. We had swordfish-a huge steak & soft shell crabs-3 very good quality softies. Our friends had steak which was also a very nice portion cooked as ordered. Desserts ranged from panna cotta to overly sweet chocolate cake. The service was very good, the ambiance was OK-tables are close & probably the place is very noisy if full.
I would go back again & recommend to friends.

• Visited October 2012