“Very nice for a classy lunch or dinner”

Luchento's Ristorante
Ranked #8 of 11 Restaurants in Millstone
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
“Very nice for a classy lunch or dinner”
Reviewed August 3, 2013

This restaurant was totally remodeled within the year and is very nice with beautiful granite table tops. This is a great place for a quiet business lunch with a very nice contemporary atmosphere. The food is geared towards Italian and everything on the menu tastes great. The lunch menu is very affordable and extensive. The diner menu is a bit higher with average entree's in the mid to high twenties. I highly recommend this place.

South Brunswick
“Good but Pricey”
Reviewed July 19, 2013

My wife and I had a gift card so we figured we would give it a try. The food was very good, the service was good but slow. We both felt that the food was pricey for what you get. I've had better Italian food for less money. We would probably give it another try and see how it fares a second time.

Manalapan, New Jersey
“service stinks, food great”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Having dinner with another couple we tried this restaurant for the first time in many years. We remembered the great bread and great food. Family owned, we had the daughter of the "papa" as our waitress. They were out of two fish specials at 6:30 pm on a thursday night. They didn't pay attention to the fact that we came in separately and we said we were waiting on another couple, who they seated somewhere else. I called my friend and we both were waiting 15 minutes for each other and we were sitting in the same restaurant. Then after we reordered as our first selections were not available, they brought my husband the wrong dish. He ordered veal marsala and they gave him chicken. When he called over the waitress she said, oh papa, we gave him the wrong dish. Papa offered to take it back but that would have meant my husband would have sat there while we all ate. He said he would eat it. Papa said he would change the bill. Gee thanks. My friend ordered his other dish and said to make sure there was no milk products, (this ended up not being the case and he suffered the whole night). The food as it were was good but the service and the correctness of it was terrible. Papa should have a offered a coffee at the end of the meal. The bread was good and I had veal franchise which was also good. The entree was supposed to come with potato and veg. I asked for spaghetti with the and when it came I asked where the veg was. She said, oh didnt I tell you that there is no veggie with that? No you didn't! The menu says explicitiy potato and veg. This place needs some customer service advice!

Englishtown, New Jersey
“Luchentos Does not treat all customers equally....Ughhh!”
Reviewed July 13, 2013

We (2 of us) came in for dinner before the dinner rush. There were plenty of tables available and we were escorted to the smallest corner table which rock like a small boat in a stormy ocean. The corner was dark. So we asked the hostess if we may have a booth. She was accommodating and did escort us to a nice booth. Water and bread was served and we ordered an appetizer to start. Moments later a young host ( I think his name is Joe) came over and very abruptly and very loud and very rude said: "Why are you sitting at this table? You shouldn't be sitting here!" Needless to say, our whole appetite disappeared. immediately. I told him we were brought here by our hostess! He sharply turned and abruptly walked away.
To make a long story short, we finished our mediocre meal.....the meal wasn't exciting at all!
When we were leaving, that 'Joe" fellow was at the reception desk and I very loudly asked him why was he so rude to us? I told him if he didn't like our faces, he should put a sign at the door explicitly stating we are not welcome here. The waiting crowd at the front desk all heard this. We will never return to this discriminating restaurant ever again. By the way we are a minority just so you all know.

• Visited August 2012
New York City, New York
“Not a bad try, good not great”
Reviewed March 10, 2013 via mobile

i have been here in the past. This time, it appears new owners and renovated and updated. BYOB by the way. The Server seemed a little rushed, so we slowed her down by ordering our salad, then appetizer, then entree. Even with the intended delay we were done in an hour. we had Cesar salad, which was a little different, seemed liked it had balsamic in it. Good choice though. Baked clams, were very dry, not a good choice. Eggplant Rollatini looked good,but was bland with little taste. For dinner we had the Seafood, like a zuppa de pesce. there were broken clam shells, clams seemed very salty, shrimp and calamari were ok, the chunks of garlic was the taste. it was filling and ok, but lacked taste. $30 for this seemed pricey, expected better. Will visit again but not to soon. I recommend they slow the pace both in and out of the kitchen, maybe the enjoyment of both the food and the visit will improve.