“Not Good Food At ALL!”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed February 13, 2012

This restaurant is absolutely beautiful inside and out! But, that's the only good thing about it. Food is horrible. It is poor quality and poor taste. Everything is masked in heavy sauces and tons of garlic. We even gave it a second try and it just confirmed our first experience...would have been better off making a FROZEN lasagna. We so wish it was good b/c it is close and a byob. We truly would not mind paying the $27 for a regular pasta dish if it was actually GOOD. Mine was inedible and the waitress didn't care to ask how it was when she took our full plates away. Overpriced for LOUSY food and there was a wait...GO FIGURE.

Reviewed February 9, 2012

This restaurant has been fancified, so we are told. They now have fancy plates and decor, at twice the price. But the food isn't as good or as plentiful as the old restaurant, which had three times the atmosphere.

There are many other local Italian places with better food at half the price. Don't waste your money.

1  Thank Proclaimer1
Reviewed January 25, 2012

My wife and I were going to meet our friends out to dinner, and they canceled last minute so we decided we will still visit luchentos...When we arrived, the service was great, as they delivered bread in a timely fashion, as well as answered any questions we may have had....I opened up the menu and almost had a heart attack when I saw the prices based on the location....NYC pricing folks....My wife and I ordered the cold antipasti salad for 2 and eggplant rollatinis and i couldnt have been more dissapointed in the antipasti....for 19.99 you get meats, cheeses, salad,olives, and thats about it....Our platter came with about 3 pieces of cheese...I did not want to say anything, but when the manager came over, I mentioned it in passing that I thought there should be more cheese on a 20 platter for 2 people..He looked at me and went back to the kitchen and bring us out a platter of cheese...The Salad as simple as it was, was awesome...really hit the spot....When the Entrees came out, I did not know what to expect. I got the strip steak and my wife got a chicken dish...she loved her chicken dish, but I thought my steak dish was disguestinly huge and not of a great quality...and for 30 bucks....what a dissapointment..I wrapped it to go and gave it to my dog for dinner...Dessert and Coffee were good....My overall opinion of this place was that is was way over priced for the experience we were given...Would I go back....Probably not

1  Thank bistrobythebeach
Reviewed January 25, 2012

Went back to Luchentos after having a poor experience because a family friend was in town. I think the food and service continually decay like a rat stuck in a trap for months. The food is so heavily masked in garlic that you cannot taste what you actually bought. We had a handful of appetizers and each was bland, overcooked, and not worth the price. Main course came out sloppy and the service was inattentive. I recommend you stay home and eat a frozen pasta dish instead of dining at this establishment. I wish I could rate this restaurant negative stars!

1  Thank NYTravelCouple
Reviewed December 29, 2011

The food is fresh, and creative. So is the decor. The wait staff are attentive and friendly.