“Even worse the second time”

Luchento's Ristorante
Ranked #8 of 11 Restaurants in Millstone
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
NY
“Even worse the second time”
Reviewed January 25, 2012

Went back to Luchentos after having a poor experience because a family friend was in town. I think the food and service continually decay like a rat stuck in a trap for months. The food is so heavily masked in garlic that you cannot taste what you actually bought. We had a handful of appetizers and each was bland, overcooked, and not worth the price. Main course came out sloppy and the service was inattentive. I recommend you stay home and eat a frozen pasta dish instead of dining at this establishment. I wish I could rate this restaurant negative stars!

• Visited January 2012
1 Thank NYTravelCouple

Central Florida, Florida
“Italian Heaven”
Reviewed December 29, 2011

The food is fresh, and creative. So is the decor. The wait staff are attentive and friendly.

Cherry Hill, New Jersey
“Nice Atmosphere, No Bar and Poor Service.”
Reviewed September 11, 2011

My family and I meet up here for a little get together and some good food. We decided to give Luchento's a try after hearing mixed reviews. After dining here, we were as torn as the reviews were.

This restaurant was apparently recently renovated and looks very nice. It does not look very big so I would imagine it gets packed pretty quickly. Everything was very clean and had a modern feel that was not typical of an Italian restaurant. There is no bar here; they apparently had no liquor license. You can BYOB. They therefore have no hard/alcoholic drinks.

There were several large flies flying around and when pointed out to our waitress she only said "oh really?".

We had two appetizers: fired mozzarella and fried calamari, both we very good. I ate the Veal Parmesan, my wife had the Chicken Scarpetta, others had Chicken Parmesan and a host of other dishes. Everything we ate was pretty good. I did notice that several dishes we brought to us is stages; a dish that had pasta had the pasta portion brought out later. We also noticed that while we had all the silverware required, none of it matched the others.

The service was very spotty, when the drink order was taken i was skipped. When our dessert was brought out, they did not give us any silverware. We had a cannoli that was average size but was almost $8.

All in all this restaurant was average. We will probably not be back soon, but it was not a total waste. Also note that a 20% gratuity is automatically added for parties over 6.

• Visited September 2011
1 Thank Trackrunner1010
Freehold, New Jersey
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“We will definitely be back!!!”
Reviewed September 6, 2011

My family and I had the best time on our last visit to Luchentos! From the food, to the atmosphere, to the service, everything went beyond our expectations. The newly rennovated restaurant is more modern, however the food and the service makes you feel like family which brought back the feeling of the old Luchentos. We were excited to hear from the wait staff that Tom Luchento is in the kitchen again and we can not wait to go back for dinner again!!

• Visited August 2011
1 Thank MK198579
Freehold, NJ
“Great food, great atmosphere!”
Reviewed July 22, 2011

We were never there before they renovated it, but we went with friends back in April and it was delicious...nicely decorated, the outdoor patio is a great touch, you can BYOB...we've been back 3 times since then! It gets booked up, I would recommend going by 6:00 on Fri and Sat if you can, or if you have at least 6 people they will take a reservation if you call ahead. The Veal Pappardelle is delicious as well as the Chicken Scarpiello! Great Calamari too!

Visited April 2011