“great yet again”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 25, 2012

three trips to this restaurant and loved it everytime! food,service and atmosphire all top notch! just found out they are on restaurant.com!!! one of my wife and i's favorite places to eat.

There are newer reviews for Cara Mia

Reviewed July 16, 2012

I was in town on business and wanted to find an elegant, white table cloth restaurant to take a CEO to dinner. Cara Mia was perfect, with the right ambience, enticing menu and prompt service. It was also a short drive from the Short Hills Hilton.

My colleague was waiting for me when I arrived, sitting at a table by the window. (Note: avoid the window at sunset, because there are no curtains and the sun is blinding). Apparently it's BYOB and he went to the next door liquor store and bought a bottle of his favorite wine.

Every entree choice was something I liked -- shrimp, salmon, chicken, veal, short ribs, and pasta. I immediately selected the grilled shrimp della casa - with baked polenta, dusted with a pesto parmesan crust, with asparagus and roasted tomato. My colleague got the beef short ribs, which cam with saffron risotto and gremolata. My dish was exactly what I wanted, and my friend cleaned his plate.

The conversation was funny, informative and confidential .... but I digress. For dessert I got the pistachio gelato, which I haven't had in years, and he got the chocolate mousse cake. They were so good we polished off every bit.

The waitress was attentive but not intrusive. She notices we were gabbing away after dessert thankfully and she let us enjoy the table, until I signaled for the check.

Dinner for two with a tip (no alcohol) was $120. I'll be coming back here.

Reviewed July 4, 2012

Good restaurant for a group - not for a romantic dinner, very noisy and loud. I agree with the other review - the plate they give you as a welcome appetizer, the eggplant was amazing!!!

Some of our plates were delicious but some not so good. Try the homemade ravioli, mushroom is melt in your mouth. My sister had them and we all had a piece, so good.

Good thing BYOB and there is a liquor store a few doors down and parking in the train station across the street. Also, check out restuarant.com for gift certificates for this restaurant. Can be used on a Saturday night :) we use this trip advisor often and add a certificate from the other site.

Definitely would go back...
Also, what is good, you are not rushed. There was 6 of us, they gave us the complimentery plate, and gave us time to chat before coming back with specials. I appreciate the time in between meals as well. So many places you to eat, the waiter keeps coming back, this restuarant was very appreciative of you and your company.

Reviewed February 24, 2012

Once you get your table at this warm Italian in Millburn, you'll be presented with a nice plate of fried eggplant, and fresh parmagian (sp) cheese. A great way to be greeted.

This place is a good BYO who has a very diverse menu. Great starters are the clams, the spedini, and mussels. Their menu is very diverse with excellent house made pastas.

There are a lot of Italian choices in the area. If you haven't tried Cara Mia yet....get there.