“This restaurant should be on your bucket list!”
Review of La Pergola

La Pergola
Reserve with OpenTable
La Pergola is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 56 Restaurants in Millburn
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: From the Millburn train station .
Transit: Millburn,NJ Train Station
Reviewed June 10, 2014

La Pergola is far and away the best restaurant I've ever been to. Our family travels a lot and we've been to a number of extremely good places. None of them are in the same ballpark as La Pergola. The food is beyond what I ever thought possible. After our first visit, it became the ONLY restaurant we go to to celebrate birthdays and other special occasions. After all those visits, I continue to be blown away by the flavors they are able to put on a plate.

In addition to the amazing menu are the owners who make relative strangers feel like family. From the minute we walk in to the minute we leave they are the warmest, most sincere hosts you could ever want. They personally follow up with each guest to make sure all of their needs are satisified. Supporting them is a wait staff that is cordial, polite and very efficient.

The most enjoyable part of the evening is that they NEVER make you feel rushed. The relaxed pace of the courses allows us to spend quality family time together while savoring every bite. Finally, their prices are extremely reasonable, espceially for an experience like this. I've spent far more for far less. If you're within 50 miles of La Pergola, give them a shot. You won't be disappointed.

Reviewed May 26, 2014

Four of us dined at La Pergola Sunday night. The food was excellent, but more importantly, the service was exquisite. The owner told us the specials, and he also suggested that we can order 2 half orders of any of the dishes as an entrée. Since all their pastas are homemade, my husband ordered a beet pasta and a sweet potato ravioli. Both were wonderful, cooked perfectly. Our other entrees were equally great. The deserts were very special, also. We all left there feeling that we had a special dinner. The owner, Agon, was so gracious that you felt like one of the 'regulars'. I would definitely eat there again soon!

Reviewed April 17, 2014

We recently went to La Pergola for the first time for our anniversary. The food was very good, but very expensive. We went on a Saturday night and were surprised that the restaurant was only a little more than half full. I think the prices are too high for what they serve. You can get just as good food at some of the other restaurants in town, for less money.

1  Thank roslyn B
Reviewed April 6, 2014

This is well executed, fresh Northern Italian food. Be warned that there are specials listed on the menu, but then there are daily specials. Having been here twice is one week - a business dinner on Weds. that so impressed me that I followed with a dinner with my husband and a friend, on Saturday, I can say that having eaten or sampled five dinners and three appetizers, not one dish was anything but first rate. The portions, we forewarned, are also generous. It is certainly one of the better Italian restaurants in the Millburn/Livingston area.

The room is attractive and inviting, the seating is comfortable and while the room is not quiet, the restaurant on Saturday was pretty crowded, we didn't have any trouble hearing each other talk.

Regarding service, we called and received reservations which we had to change, without any issues.. We were seated promptly, the service was fine with the owner greeting us and taking our orders while the wait staff was readily available and if anything,came around too often to fill our wine glasses. (It is BYOB, which means they get nothing from that particular act). We weren't rushed out and spent over two hours, much of it just drinking cappuccino before leaving.

Reviewed April 5, 2014

I don't usually write reviews but I felt I needed to about tonight. To sum up the diner I can just say wow! I work in manhattan so I took the train straight to Millburn and met my bf across the street at la pergola for an early dinner.
We were seated immediately by some very friendly staff and were served fresh warm bread upon arrival. Another perk is that it's byo and there is a reasonable wine place next door. For my appetizer I had a special salad that consisted of grilled portobello mushroom, mozzarella, arugula and a little pesto. Amazing. All the ingredients were extremely fresh. I also liked how it was different then the classic Caprese salad with tomatoes. The menu was literally perfect. They have the classics that everyone likes but they also have a ton of homemade pasta entrees. For my entree I had sweet potato ravioli with a date and butter sage sauce. Absolutely delicious. I have never seen such an array of unique entree options. My boyfriend had the stuffed shrimp appetizer and fish stew entree. He said it was extremely fresh and would definitely be getting it again. This restaurant has a beautiful atmosphere, it's in a great location and has the best Italian. You will not be disappointed!