“Solid food. Staple for my Mexican cravings”
Review of Tinga Taqueria

Tinga Taqueria
Ranked #35 of 54 Restaurants in Millburn
Cuisines: Mexican
New York City, New York
“Solid food. Staple for my Mexican cravings”
Reviewed March 12, 2013

I have been to two Tinga locations and they offer consistent quality Mexican food and friendly service. Burritos and guacamole are my favorites but other dishes I tried are not bad either. It is hard to find a decent Mexican place in NY area (and I miss it from having lived in Texas for a bit) but Tinga partially feels the void. In fact it is better food wise than some more expensive restaurants in the area.

• Visited March 2013

Bedminster, New Jersey
“Not really authentic, more like American-Mexican”
Reviewed December 19, 2012

OK place if you don't want to endure Taco Bell, as it's also inexpensive. Overcrowded with loud children, the food is ok with your average selection of tacos (soft and hard), enchiladas, burritos and nachos with cheese but nothing more, and a notch above Taco Bell in the sense that you get to sit down and bring your own wine. You're better off going to Toro Loco in South Orange, or Cactus Charly in Maplewood, only a 5 minute drive from this place

• Visited September 2012
northern nj
“Don't Know If It's Authentic, But It's Mighty Good!”
Reviewed December 3, 2012

LOVE, LOVE the food here! My mouth is watering just thinking about it! The chili is probably the best I've ever had and the portions are large. The chips and salsa are amazing. Go! Go! Go!

Visited December 2012
Millburn, New Jersey
“Great food, great price”
Reviewed September 6, 2012

I work local and frequently go for their lunch special burritos. For $5, get a bar-sized burrito with a side salad. Good selection of authentic mexican cusine at a great price!

• Visited August 2012
New York City, New York
“Impossible to be worse”
Reviewed September 3, 2012

Yes, kids all over the place and maybe that is who they are catering to, because it's not what I would call adult food. The water had so much chlorine in it...undrinkable. The appetizer came, nachos, and within 2 minutes the main course came. I said we just got this and the waiter said it was put out for him, so if he didn't bring it to us then, it would be cold. Made no sense at all. The tacos were tasteless and soggy. Taco Belle has more flavor....that's how bad this was. A busboy came up and took our appetizer plates with the food on them before we knew what happened. We left most of the meal and I told the waiter that it was not good...he said maybe our taste buds were off! A waste of money.

• Visited September 2012