“Nice place. Not busy, good service.”
Review of Cafe Monet

Cafe Monet
Reserve with OpenTable
Cafe Monet is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #17 of 56 Restaurants in Millburn
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Food was very good, scallops a little too cooked but no other issues. My daughter, 7 yrs. old, devoured the hanger steak. My other daughter is more like chicken nuggets so she didnt finish her salmon.. I wouldn’t come back with the kids.. unless it’s for brunch :)

Reviewed August 5, 2013

Went last Saturday for brunch. The place was empty (which should have been my first clue!) I ordered the chicken/mushroom strudel and my guest an omelet with tomato and goat cheese with a chocolate croissant.
30 minutes later, my large white plate arrived with 3 slivers (I mean slivers NOT pieces) of marinated chicken and a square of a mushroom strudel. My fault...I thought it was a chicken AND mushroom strudel not a chicken/mushroom strudel. I advised the waitress that the strudel was "freezer burnt". She apologized and came back to advise that "Chef says "we never freeze the strudel, just refrigerate it". I suggested she tell chef "to taste it- frig or freezer it was old and rancid".
No offer was made for a new fresh piece (they probably didn't have any) nor was there any consideration on the bill. So I paid $12.00 for 3 slivers of chicken and a tablespoon of a salad.
My guest's omelet was just fine but the croissant was stale. A second cup of coffee was never offered and when I asked for one, the waitress took away the milk and it never returned.
When the bill came for $30.61 I put $40 in the pouch. 20 minutes later, the waitress asked if I was waiting/expecting change. Really? Do you think I was leaving a 35% tip on this sad excuse for a meal?
NEVER EVER AGAIN! I had so many choices in Millburn and blew it!

2  Thank jerusalemjunkie
Reviewed February 24, 2013

We finally had dinner at Cafe Monet. Let me first say that the ambiance is lovely , low lighting country french decor lovely wall paintings by one artist. The service was just ok. The waiters were inexperienced and not polished . The escargot was good, the salad just ok, and the portions for the main meal were small. My husband had the duck, pretty plain no sauce with just a few carrots on the side and I had a stuffed chicken thigh over rice. It was filling but nothing special. I will say however that the desserts were SPECIAL, a chocolate souffle to die for and a pouched pear with chocolate sauce, yummy. It was bring your own, Cost of dinner was not so great for what you got. We met the founders of The Valerie Foundation at the next table and enjoyed meeting and talking with them. Glad we went to dinner there, but not sure I would go for dinner again. I heard they did a great brunch, but I haven't tried it so cant say for sure.

2  Thank ABrooklynTraveler
Reviewed January 19, 2013

Very nice and attentive server and the food was solid. Had the coq au vin and the smoke trout salad to start.

1  Thank almost406
Reviewed December 17, 2012

We were there on December 15. We always wanted to try the place as we live nearby. We were both very disappointed. The duck pate was delicious and a very good portion size for the price. however, the rest failed. The salmon pappiotte was supposed to have oyster mushrooms and asparagus. Instead, they put a tiny potato half, 2 green beans and a carrot shaving in the pappiotte. When i asked about this, the waiter said that they ran out of asparagus and mushrooms. But they charged me the full price, which included said mushrooms/asparagus. The hangar steak was burned on the outside and rare on the inside.

ordering dessert, well, they didn't have any fruit in the place for the berry zabione, yet they had berries to put in wine glasses.

The waiter was cold, aloof and arrogant. I've seen nicer waiters in Paris brasseries. We were thinking of reserving for Christmas Eve or for New Years Eve, but after this experience, we'll be skipping the place in the future.

2  Thank IDKNJ