“Charming beyond words” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Chestnut Hill on the Delaware

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Milford
Chestnut Hill on the Delaware
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Milford
NYC
“Charming beyond words”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2012

I did a ton of research online, looking for the very first B&B I'd ever stay at, and the positive reviews and the amenities steered me to Chestnut Hill. I'm so pleased they did! The house is lovely, the rooms are sumptuous, the setting is idyllic, and the hosts, Rob and Linda, are as charming, helpful, and friendly as anyone might wish. Linda's breakfasts are spectacular, and she pays close attention to food preferences and sensitivities. She and Rob offer a store of great advice for day trips, restaurants, shopping--even what routes are the most scenic to take from one place to another.

I can't imagine a better experience, and I recommend Chestnut Hill whole-heartedly.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Medford, NJ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2012

My wife and I had never been to Chestnt Hill, but after staying at B&Bs in Cape May and the Brandywine Valley, we wanted to try someting different. Luckily, we settled on CH. The Inn is wonderfully mantained and decorated, in a charming small town with fantastic river views.
Rob and Linda are the perfect hosts, able to steer you towards the right place to eat or visit without being intrusive. They are very nice people whose passion for their establishment and their guests' satisfaction shows.
The rooms are fantasitc, and one immediately gains that sense of serenity you hope for. Next time, a picnic on the river deck for us is a given, or perhaps early moring coffee and pastries there, from the quaint bakery across main street.
When leaving, I asked if there was a TV in the room. There was (in a built-in cabinet), but I never even considered turing it on....
Matt

Room Tip: I'm sure they are all wonderful!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Matt B
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2012

We have stayed at Chestnut Hill on the Delaware many times and it just keeps getting better. This visit we were joined by 4 of our friends.
Linda and Rob are the best hosts. They do everything possible to help their guests. The rooms are beautifully decorated and very clean. The breakfasts are fantastic. We especially love sitting on the front porch in the comfortable rocking chairs and looking out at the Delaware. Special thanks to Rob for taking us out on the pontoon boat. The ride was enjoyable and we really loved Rob’s discussion of the history of the river.
We plan on returning to this wonderful bed and breakfast as often as possible. It is the best!

Eileen and Mike

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank ebeard
Staten Island, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2012

I have never written a review before and to be honest I can stand doing it. I usually ask my wife to do it, but I wanted to do this one. The bed and breakfast at Chestnut Hill on the Delaware in Milford, NJ is amazing. The main reason it’s amazing is because of the innkeepers, Rob and Linda, and their attention to details. Some details include: fresh baked cookies, personalized notes, fresh flower in the rooms, and chocolates by the bed to just name a few. What really blew me away was when Rob showed up to our dinner at a local restaurant with an umbrella knowing that we had walked there and it started to rain. I was blown away. These are the personal details I have come to know while staying at Chestnut Hill along with an impeccably clean room. Words cannot describe the great hidden gem that is Chestnut Hill.
John
Teacher: Age 28 NY
P.S The breakfast is delicious. Last time I told myself I would write a review, this time I am keeping my word.

Room Tip: Summer morning
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank John C
New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2012

We have only stayed at a few B&B's but Chestnut Hill is the best we have ever stayed in. We stayed in Teddy's Room, and if you stay in this room be prepared for steep stairs. However, it is easily the most private and while it wasn't our 1st choice when we previewed via the website, it was a great room! The inkeepers, Linda and Rob are very outgoing and accomodating we tried to set-up a last minute stay, then work caused a problem, then work cancelled, and each time we spoke to Linda and rescheduled. I felt we were becoming a pain in the a to her, but she was friendly and worked with us each time. We had a great time, enjoyed the breakfasts, and learning about the house and the area from Linda and Rob. We will be coming back in the summer.

Room Tip: All the rooms are great, only difference being how many stairs and your view.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JerseyJimD
Lakewood, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2012

By far, one of the best weekend getaways my husband and I have ever had. Truly romantic and restful. The scenery even in January was spectacular. We had the most relaxing and enjoyable time. The innkeepers, Linda and Rob and their excellent staff welcome you with open arms and gentle hearts. We loved it so much we want to return in the summer. Truly a gift from God. Thank you Linda, Rob, Carole, Amanda and Katy! A must see experience for yourself. Louis and Lillian R.

Room Tip: Each room is unique and wonderful.. if you want to be alone... Paradise suite or the Cottage Country...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2011

We stayed at the Chestnut Hill on the Delaware over Christmas weekend and had a wonderful time. The house is in pristine condition to our delight was fully decorated for the holidays. We stayed in the Paradise suite, with its own private entrance and amazing view of the river and bridge. The main suite has the most amazing bathroom, with a large jacuzzi bathtub, heated tile floor, bathrobes, and even bathsalts for a luxurious night in. The personal touches (like personalized welcome cards on the kitchen counter) really made us feel like home. The weather was on our side, so we strolled across the bridge, and onto the delaware canal trail and were able to see many red cardinals and mallard ducks along the way. For short day trips we drove to nearby Lambertville and then to peddler's village. Linda and Rob received us on our last morning there with a delicious breakfast (ricotta pancakes, I want the recipe!) and their genuine warmth made it hard for us to leave.
But we will be back for sure. I'm expecting family to visit in the spring and Chestnut hill inn will be my first recommendation for them to really experience the treasure that is the delaware river and the surrounding areas.
Thank you again Linda and Rob and much luck in 2012!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank diana o
Also consider these accommodations in or near Milford
Historic Hotel Bethlehem
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Bethlehem
Hampton Inn Clinton
Hampton Inn Clinton
#1 of 2 in Clinton

Been to Chestnut Hill on the Delaware? Share your experiences!