Tripadvisor
Midland Park

“Not just a Pizza Joint - Excellent Food - No Pretense”
Review of Rosario's

Order Online
Ranked #1 of 23 Restaurants in Midland Park
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

From the variety of choices from the appetizer menu (in particular - the Calamari Rosario - to the diversity of the entrees ... one of my favorites - Chicken Frangelica (you have to ask for it) - to the deserts (including the zeppoli) - this place is simply incredible. I really hate to rave about this place because it may become much more difficult for me to get into ... but, they deserve it !!! By the way ... they they make Pizza too. As with most Italian or Italian-type offerings - it’s all about your particular taste preferences - that being said - it’s definitely worth finding this place and “judge for yourself” ...

Date of visit: December 2019
Write a reviewReviews (69)

Reviewed October 4, 2019 via mobile

We visited Rosario's for a casual birthday dinner. I didn't think it would be much more than a pizzeria with a few other entrees offered and a counter service person taking orders. We were pleasantly surprised to find that the dining room is separate from the pizzeria....white tablecloths, excellent waiter service with a relaxed, casual vibe.
We had the chicken parmigiana, stuffed rigatoni with shrimp in a pink pesto and linguine with clam sauce. We shared calamari for starters and a pumpkin cheesecake for dessert. Everything was delicious, portions large enough that we had to take home doggie bags. Prices are higher than what you would expect for a pizzeria, but as I said, the trattoria is a separate experience from the pizzeria. We did save by bringing our own bottle of wine...it's a byob.

Date of visit: October 2019
Reviewed September 3, 2019 via mobile

Paid over $40 for a plain and margarita pie. Way overpriced! Delicious pizza, but not worth the cost.

Date of visit: September 2019
Reviewed August 10, 2019 via mobile

My wife and I had tried this restaurant a few times to see if the food was consistent before we suggested to friends. They food and service were consistently very good.
We went with a friend a few nights ago and again and the food and service were excellent.
Our server, Elyse, was wonderful. She was pleasant, did not rush us, and came by the table often to make sure everything was good.
My wife had the Stuffed Rigatoni, which is Ricotta stuffed Rigatoni, with shrimp, shiitake mushrooms , and fresh mozzarella chunks, in a pink pesto sauce. My wife loves this dish some much, it is the only dish she orders.
I have had the Chicken Francaise, and the Veal Piccata. Both are excellent dishes. They come with potato and vegetable or pasta. What I like about these dishes also is these dishes come with just the right amount of sauce. The sauce does not overpower the dish.
The friend with us the other night had the Chicken Toscano. It is chicken breasts stuffed with spinach & cheese in a pink cream sauce, and it comes with rigatoni. The portion consisted of three huge chicken breasts. Our friend said it was really good and the sauce was very flavorful.
All dishes come with a house salad, and there are plenty of salad dressings to choose from.
I think the restaurant is reasonably priced. The restaurant serves pizza as well which range in price from $12-$18. The dinner entrees range from $18-$25.
Definitely a restaurant to try.

Date of visit: August 2019
1  Thank msgluck1981
Reviewed March 30, 2019 via mobile

Great salads and chicken parmigiana sandwich. Service was excellent . Loved the hot bread on table. Andrew our waiter was very attentive . I would definitely come back

Date of visit: March 2019

Been to Rosario's? Share your experiences!