“I like it..and the ribs come out in big full racks”
Review of Royal Buffet - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Royal Buffet
Cuisines: American, Chinese, Japanese
Reviewed July 14, 2011

Like chinese ribs? Dinner there the ribs are great and very generous. You cut them off the entire rack at the buffet yourself. Free soda...what more can you want? For a chinese buffet it's pretty good....

2  Thank joliett3
There are newer reviews for Royal Buffet

Reviewed March 20, 2011

The food at Royal Buffet was awful. This was my second time trying to give them a chance but it didnt work. The food was very limited. I believe they serve leftovers from the night before and the reheated it for lunch . I arrived at 3:20 lunch ended at 3:30 I was never told that lunch would end at 4 and that i was not allowed to serve new dishes put out for dinner. The reason i went to the buffet was to have shrimp, and the shrimp that was brought out at 4. I served myself some and the waiter came and took it from me !! I was so embarrased and the only reason i was stalling til 4 was hoping something fresh would be brought out. I will never go back to this place again. They were rude and didnt care who they offended. The were even speaking about me and pointing to our table...unacceptable!

Reviewed July 7, 2009

For the past few years, To avoid the Shore Traffic on the Garden State Parkway, We always travel a short Distance on Route 35 and stop at the Royal Buffet. One of the Larger Buffets we have been to...A terrific selection of items as well as a great dessert bar. If you arrive at dinner time on the weekend it may be crowded, but I have found the food is always replenished and kept full & hot. As with any Buffet some items may be better than others, but with the selection at this one you will not be unhappy. They have more seafood dishes than most other chinese buffets that we have been to. Typical Decor, nothing fancy, always clean, plenty of parking as it is in a strip mall/shopping center. Overall a good value. ENJOY !

2  Thank larilu
Reviewed February 13, 2007

OK - Perhaps a little better than average for a buffet. They do have a good selection - and the kids like it, because they can pick their own food and have a lot of variety. But let's face it - It's average food at best. If you wan to gorge or have a lot of variety, it's fine.

If you want really good Chinese food in Middletown try Hunan House or House of Chong. I would also say Crown Palace - as their food is good and the atmosphere is nice, but I've never felt particularly welcome there.

2  Thank roinuj
A TripAdvisor Member
Middletown
Reviewed October 29, 2005

Without question the best buffet for the money anywhere. Probably close to 100 items including nice sized snow crab legs, 5-6 different types of sushi (always including tuna and salmon), and so many other hot/cold items.

The only negative as with all buffets, don't go to late (after 9 pm) or the food will not be replaced as often, if at all.

When it first opened there was always a line out the door on weekends for dinner. The line has subsided, but the food is still the same great quality.

Service is excellent. For you guys that tip less because you use the logic that it is a buffet, ask yourself this: How many trips to the table does your server make at a traditional restaurant and how many trips do they make to your table at a buffet with the constant clearing of dishes and refilling of drinks? They work as hard or harder than most servers at traditional restaurants.

5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member