“Consistently good” 4 of 5 bubbles

Outback Steakhouse
Ranked #9 of 51 Restaurants in Middletown
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Consistently good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2014 via mobile

All Outbacks seem the same but this one is bright and cheerful outdoor dining in summer nice option . Service is good and bar area welcoming

• Visited April 2014

Jersey Shore
“A steak restaurant where you can bring the kids”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2014 via mobile

Popular restaurant close to home. We've found this to be a very kid friendly restaurant. My husband and one of our grandsons really like the ribeye. No bone no fat and very tender. Our younger grandson orders anything but steak from the kids menu. What has impressed me most was the attentive friendly service and patience with the kids.

• Visited February 2014
New Bern, North Carolina
“Good Staff and food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2014

This Restaurant is a nice place but be warned it is very busy on the weekends, I went midweek so not so bad. The staff are very attentive and the usual outback finesse on the food nothing outstanding but good all the same. Also if you are staying at the Comfort Inn it's the convenience of it, no need to drive its a 30 second walk from the hotel lobby.

• Visited March 2014
Middletown, New Jersey, United States
“Consistency is the key.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2014

Since we really don't have a "real" steakhouse in our area[ in spite of what is advertised] we tend to stop in at Outback where we are assured a relatively good consistent piece of meat cooked to order. I am watching my cholesterol of late so I'm more or less forced to eat the filet versus a ribeye or other more marbled cuts I used to prefer.
The fact that their filet comes in various weights and I can always ask for and receive steamed veggies as a side I feel less guilty and yet satisfied.
By and large they do a great job and rarely disappoint.
The occasional martini also hits the spot[ don't tell my cardiologist OK?]

• Visited December 2013
New Jersey
“Do not order take away”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014

I normally love Outback however I do not like the curb side take away at all. We had to wait 45 minutes outside in addition to the 30 minutes after placing the call. They were training new people and not only did they get the order wrong but they forgot one of the dinners. When we got home, the food was cold and almost not edible plus they forgot the bowl of potato soup that was ordered. I will never order take out there again. Even on a good night the food is less than, cold and very small portions compared to dining in.

• Visited December 2013