“Really gone done hill”

Outback Steakhouse
Ranked #9 of 53 Restaurants in Middletown
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I used to love going to the Outback, but the last couple of times I have went it hasnt been the same. The portions are smaller and the food doesnt taste as good. I do like the over-sized beers!

Reviewed February 20, 2013

Service is much better and faster in dining area than in the bar. Other than that, it was your typical dinner.

Reviewed January 30, 2013

I had steak, shrimp, crab salad with avocado. It was great not just because I was hungry but because the steak was good quality, well seasoned, and the shrimp were grilled perfectly. I added wine for my palate, and I enjoyed the meal. The crab was real crab and not imitation. This being a chain restaurant, I feel they lived up to their advertising.

Reviewed January 26, 2013

Tried one of the new Perfect Pair combos combining the Victoria's Filet and Lobster Mac n Cheese with Bacon. Steak was cooked to perfection and was very tender. The Mac n Cheese was also very good as well as the Fresh cut steamed green beans. The waiter was also very good.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

I don't really see much point in rating a chain restaurant, as the experience in one parallels all, and you go in knowing pretty much what to expect.

As far as the Middletown Outback goes, the bar is friendly and fairly lively because there are usually long lines to get in here at dinner time. The wait staff seems to be pretty much part timers or people new to the food service industry...which isn't to disparage them, only to say they obviously lack experience.

The steaks are just ok. You can do better elsewhere in the area -- but not in Middletown. You can get the usual side dishes, including the omnipresent "bloomin' onion" --- which is far too greasy for me.

I've never had anything other than the steaks, but my wife had a burger which looked to be ok. She had no complaints.

I wouldn't come here for dinner, because of the aformentioned lines. Frankly, the food is not worth lining up for.