“Better than the average”

Sono Sushi Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 51 Restaurants in Middletown
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Middletown, New Jersey
“Better than the average”
Reviewed November 25, 2013

The food was better than the other local sushi restaurants in town. Nothing unique about the menu but a sufficient choices of rolls. Food was fresh and business was booming (i.e. things moving in the kitchen) Service was excellent even with the slight miscommunications in language

• Visited November 2013

Atlanta
“Pretty Good Sushi”
Reviewed October 29, 2013

In town for business and wanted sushi so I went on faith after some online research. The sushi was not bad, but no means stellar. the presentation is part of the meal and it fell short. The white tuna was nice and great to each the spicy tuna, spicy salmon seemed confused and was more of scrap fish chopped into a paste than sushi grade. So much of Sushi is visual and I found the sushi bar lacking as it appeared more of fridge presentation than to displace the daily offerings. The area around the bar could be a bit cleaner as it appeared neglected. The service was excellent and the prices were a little high but manageable. Diner for one with green tea and tip was $28.00

• Visited October 2013
“Amazing food & friendly staff”
Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

My family and I have been going to Sono Sushi once a week for about 10 years now! The fish is always fresh, the sushi chefs definitely know what they are doing! The sushi is absolutely delicious! The staff there is so warm, it is a family run business and they are so friendly! I look forward to visiting Sono every week.. And I definitely recommend it if you are looking for quality sushi!

• Visited July 2013
Gros Islet, St. Lucia
“Consistently good”
Reviewed June 28, 2013

I've been going to Sono for years with a friend who lives in the area. The fish is always fresh and of high quality. On my most recent visit I had the spicy scallop, spicy salmon and Philadelphia rolls. The spicy scallop roll wasn't overly spicy and had just a bit of crunch. The Philadelphia roll had just the right amount of cream cheese. The staff was professional if not overly warm. Overall it's a good local restaurant with quality food.

• Visited June 2013
Red Bank, NJ
“It Ain't Just Sushi !”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Every once and a while we feel like having something different for dinner. That is when we look at each other and say "SONO". It's a little out of the way restaurant in a strip shopping center but, well worth visiting. Neither my wife nor I eat sushi so we don't partake of the beautiful dishes being prepared at the sushi bar. They are extremely colorful and almost entice me to try them. I said almost. THere is a full menu that offers numerous choices other than sushi. I usually have the Beef Negimaki appetizer followed by the Yakisoba entree. My wife and daughter usually split the Beef Negimaki appetizer and Shrimp Tempura. We occasionally end with fried ice cream for dessert. We always leave with a smile on our faces. It's a BYOB restaurant and there is a Bottle King at the front end of the shopping center where you can get a few different types of Japaneese beers and wines. As far as price, it's usually right around $50 for two. I spent 10 months in Okinawa back in the 60's so I have some fun trying out the little Japaneese that I can remember. Overall, a fun experience and great food.

• Visited May 2013