“Impromptu Engagement Dinner”

Breezes Cafe & Grill
Ranked #1 of 68 Restaurants in Metuchen
Cuisines: Caribbean
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Elegant Bistro-style Restaurant serving authentic Caribbean cuisine with beautiful ambiance and friendly staff.
Reviewed March 16, 2018 via mobile

Our daughter just got engaged and suggested we go out to dinner in the Edison/Metuchen area to celebrate since we work and live in various parts of Jersey. Not knowing where to go, I turned to trip advisor and found Breezes Cafe & Grill. Well, I have to tell you this great Caribbean restaurant was amazing! Warm, cozy, friendly ... everyone was so excited to share in our celebration! The food, oh so delicious...pholourie and tamarind sauce for an appetizer, coconut bread, jerk chicken, salmon, curry and coconut shrimp were our entrees of choice, followed by key lime pie, dark rum cake and coconut custard pie. A special thank you to the owner for serving us sparkling guava to toast the happy couple!
We'll be back!

Reviewed January 25, 2018

Intimate venue, hosts were very attentive and friendly. Waiter took out coats and offered the table free warm coconut bread, buffet once a month, can't wait to attend.

Reviewed June 19, 2017 via mobile

My husband and I love to try new things and this hidden gem was exactly what we needed for date night. Food was so flavorful service was great too

Reviewed June 12, 2017 via mobile

Steal away to the Caribbean with this island oasis. I'm a foodie in The true sense of the word and it's usually hard to find authenticity when it comes to island cuisine. Breezes has definitely won me over.

The serving sizes exceeded our expectation and everything we tried was delicious; more coconut bread please. To top it off you can BYOB and sip on your favorite brew as you enjoy island themed live entertainment. There's also an outdoor patio with tiki lanterns and umbrellas. We will be back.

Reviewed May 1, 2017 via mobile

I had the most amazing lunch last Friday of oxtail w/rice & peas, cabbage stir fry and plantains. Oh, yeah the lemonade was great. I should have started by saying the service and ambience was fabulous everyone was helpful, attentive, warm and friendly; the chef came out to meet the customers.

I will definitely make this a regular spot for lunch when I have my hair appt; and try it out for date night with hubby or chill with the girls. I am going to have the roti next time I go, it looked delicious on another customers plate. It's made the traditional way where the meat, potatoes and dahl are wrapped tight.

You must have dessert I usually don't but the waitress encouraged me to try either sweet potato pie or the bread pudding. I went with the pie-it was life changing that's how delicious it was. I have to get the name of the bakery they use if they would divulge it.

The slice was just enough without you feeling over stuffed. The plating was nice it had a dollop of whipped cream, sliced strawberries and a drizzle of raspberry/white chocolate to make the pie pop.

Go and try this restaurant you will not be disappointed!!

1  Thank Tawana C