“Good food but rude bartender”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Novita

Novita
Reserve with OpenTable
Novita is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 56 Restaurants in Metuchen
Cuisines: Italian, International
Good for: Business meetings, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Pearl Street
Description: What does "Novita" mean? "Novita" means "something new" in Italian. When her sons got into trouble growing up, Mrs. Badalamenti would be waiting, wooden spoon in hand and say "ma che cosa e, Novita?" Today, Novita has a new meaning for the Badalamenti family, "Italian with a twist". 25 miles from NYC & in Middlesex county, NJ.
West Chester, Ohio
“Good food but rude bartender”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2012

We went last night w/ about 14 people. Started at the bar w/ no tab which made us all confused! Then we moved to a bar table & we thought our bar tab would be transferred. The food was very good & waitress service was also good. I went back to the bar to pay our part of the bar tab & the bartender was RUDE w/ her facial remarks & how she spoke! She had the blond hair. I could not deal w/ her remarks, my husband & I just paid for the bar tab. Mind you we had a huge table also w/ lots of drinks. I was suprised on her remarks. The guy singing was very good but the bartender made me not want to return.

• Visited September 2012

East Brunswick, New Jersey
“As good as it gets in Central Jersey”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2012

All in -- food, service, atmosphere, drinks... Novita is my favorite restaurant in Central NJ. I have never have a bad time here, and I spend a lot of time here. Some dishes are sublime -- like the eggplant rollatini, coated and lightly fried in grana, and covered with vodka sauce. You will not find better. Other dishes are interesting, but don't really click for me, like the gnocci with boar sausage. The bar menu is fantastic. I highly recommend having a drink and eating at the bar, unless you are with friends, in which case the dining room is most appropriate. The owner and hosts are the greatest people in the world. If you've never been here and are looking for a classy, unpretentious night out with great food, drinks, and service, bookmark Novita and thank me later. You won't regret it.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank Christopher K
Woodbridge, New Jersey
“Dinner and Music-Perfect Together!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2012

I have been here a few times and enjoyed each visit. They have a great piano player and sometimes a cool jazz trio; check Novita's website for a list of performances. It's a really nice restaurant with an intimate setting. You can have conversations without yelling over a noisy crowd or loud music. The staff is friendly, the bathrooms are clean and the food is very good. The crowd is mature and sometimes folks slow-dance the night away. The menu prices are moderate and the drinks are yummy. You won't be dissapointed.

• Visited August 2012
NJ
“Good food but expensive”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2012

The food here was very good but it was quite pricey. Also, when they have live music, it is very difficult to have a conversation as it is too loud.

Visited May 2012
New Jersey
“Very good food, nice atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2012

We enjoyed dining in the lounge area of this restaurant and made choices from the lounge only menu. We enjoyed appetizers and paninis and both were delicious. The calamari was tasty, but a bit on the chewy side. The BBQ pulled duck panini was excellent! The staff was attentive and we enjoyed the live music on Thursday evening.

My one negative was that I couldn't get my usual white zinfandel with my meal. Apparently they are too upscale to offer it. That's fine, but they could keep a bottle around for the customers that want it because it's a very popular wine. We will definitely be back, though. We'll probably BYOB.

• Visited June 2012