“A Week of Food Poisoning Later...”

Banzai Japanese Restaurant
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Reviewed April 20, 2013

Don't go here! I will say the service was impeccable. The waitress was very friendly and attentive, absolutely no complaints about her. She was great. Everything else on the other hand... We are sushi fanatics and eat it 1x/week on average. The food here was beyond disappointing. The fish did not seem fresh and everything from the soup and salad to the fish just tasted bad. I guess I wasn't surprised when I came down with food poisoning. for over a week I regretted our visit to Banzai. Oh, and of course the meal was expensive (as sushi typically is)! So in summary, if you want to spend a small fortune for a disgusting meal and suffer from food poisoning, head on over to Banzai!

Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

We have come here for an 'entertaining meal' over the years. While the food is generally average, the surroundings are getting dated and worn. The 'service', or 'entertainment', is probably a little above average, but it is the only game in town when it comes to Japanese Hibachi Tables....

Reviewed October 4, 2012

I went there with some friends. We sat at the hibachi table. Honestly, the food was average. I was not impressed at all. But the hibachi chef was fantastic. They were very warm and funny. They interacted with the customers and make the whole experience lively. The staff there are mostly from Taiwan, and I had some chat with them in Chinese. Most of them are quite friendly. We had some drink at the bar as well. A special cocktail is $7.5, which is quite reasonable. But overall, I think it is a bit pricey. We used the coupon, $42 for 2 for dinner. Given the food quality, I don't think it worth the price. But if you are looking for some fun experience, that is worthy.

Reviewed September 10, 2012 via mobile

I was there a couplr of years ago and had good experience. Took my cousin and family there on a weekday. We didn't like anything.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

We just ate at this hibachi style restaurant and enjoyed it very much. Our chef Jason was fantastic.