“A real Italian Restaurant. Youy should love it!”
Review of Illiano's Cucina

Illiano's Cucina
Ranked #3 of 72 Restaurants in Medford
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 10, 2013

I am a real Italian and this place is the best. Our family has gone there for over 20 years. Run by a wonderful father and daughter that treat you like family. Great quality food, large portions and great prices . A home run. Great for family celebrations. You will like this place

1  Thank Andrew B

Reviewed March 18, 2013 via mobile

Nestled in the crevice of the Taunton Forge Shopping Center, you can easily miss this little gem of a restaurant quickly you notice what the locals have been enjoying all along. A quiet and very friendly atmosphere is to be found here. The owner and his manager greet their customers by name and engage them in warm conversation.
This linemen service restaurant is moderately priced even though it is all a la carte. They do however offer a three course dinner for a fair price too!
I enjoyed the mannicotta which was tender and delicious! My wife ordered the Italian sausage over linguini. Excellent! The garlic bread could be toasted a little bit more, but that's just my liking.
They will definely see us again soon!

1  Thank pminyon
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I recently had my daughter's bridal shower here. Everything went so smoothly that I was able to relax and have a marvelous time. The friendly staff carried in my numerous bottles of wine, helped hang our banners and generally accommodated our every need. Some guests arrived a bit early and they cheerfully served them the coffee they requested. The room overlooking the pond was absolutely gorgeous! They set up the tables beautifully and with our own rose centerpieces and matching favors it was stunning. They provided two big tables for gifts and a large table for the cake and cookies. At one point one of our children accidentally broke her glass and the staff quickly cleaned up the mess, whisked away all the food and replaced everything in a snap! The food was delicious and I received raved reviews from all my guests. I can't say enough for the wonderful service I received from Lucy and her staff. Maybe a baby shower will be in the future?

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed March 9, 2013

Always consistently good food. Can't go wrong. Best marina sauce. Not a huge amount of atmosphere so I wouldn't go for a fancy dinner, but this is our go-to dinner place any night of the week.

Reviewed February 23, 2013

Hubby, son and I went to Illiano's for a family dinner during the mid-week. The place is nice and clean but a little dated. The service was very good, prompt.

My son ordered the $25 3 course pre-fixe menu: appetizer of fried calamari- very light batter, tender calamari, only a couple of pieces of calamari were slightly over cooked. Then he had an arugula and shaved parmesan salad that was very tasty, followed by veal parm- he says that the veal was not as tender as he thought it should have been, but the overall flavor of the dish was very good. Since my son is diabetic, he only had vanilla ice cream for dessert.

My Hubby had as an appetizer the Stuffed italian long hots. They were long hot peppers (which are not too spicy) stuffed with provolone cheese and proscuitto ham, then baked: Which hubby describes as smoky, salty, with a little heat. Then he had the one of the specials: Broiled Branzino in a tomato garlic sauce with gemelli pasta. He says the fish was very soft, melt in your mouth, buttery, delish! And the sauce was light and flavorful without the garlic becoming overpowering. No dessert for him because he has given up sweets for lent.

I tried the specials for both appetizer and entree. For the appetizer I had a grilled calamari salad. I should preface this by saying that calamari is NOT one of my favorite foods, but I am always willing to try something again when prepared in a different way. And so- the grilled calamari was very tender and had a smoky sweet flavor. however it also had a fishy flavor that was too strong for me. But I suspect people that are fond of calamari will be very happy with this dish. Then I had the osso bucco with roasted potatoes and sautéed broccoli rabe. The veal shank was soft and fork tender, with a delicious rich, deeply flavored sauce with shitake mushrooms. the potatoes where cut into rounds, breaded in a light coating of flour and cornmeal, then baked in the oven. They were tender with a light crunch. The broccoli rabe was bitter- I don't like broccoli rabe but that's what came with the meal and I didn't ask for a substitution. For dessert I ordered the lemon cello mascarpone cake. It was heaven- light and creamy with a sweet and tart lemon flavor. Very nice dessert. The server brought us a complimentary shot of homemade lemon cello. It was a very good lemon cello- and I've had lemon cello from several establishments.....in Italy.

The food was very good, as was the service, as it always is when we go to Illiano's. The only draw back is the price- for the 3 of us with tax and 20% tip the check was $175. Pricey- but delish.