“A very nice Medford Restuarant!”
Review of Zinc Cafe

Zinc Cafe
Ranked #1 of 70 Restaurants in Medford
Cuisines: Healthy
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed October 27, 2012

My wife & I took 2 couples out to Zinc Cafe and it was the first time eating there for all of us. We had reservations and were seated very quickly. It's BYOB and the server was great about opening and serving the wine. Our server, Katy was terrific. We had read reviews that mentioned how good the brie is so we tried it & the reviewers were right. I had the ribeye & my wife had a chicken dish and both were delicious. My guests had Fillet, Sea Bass & another fish that I can't remember and they all raved about the food. This is by far the best restaurant in Medford and the surrounding area. One of the best meals I have had in a very long time. We will be going back to try the Sunday Brunch, hopefully this Sunday.

There are newer reviews for Zinc Cafe

Reviewed October 11, 2012

i hate to let this one out because it's a small place and i don't like crowds.however,the chef owner and his wife have created a little nook with wonderful food and a menu with their own twists on old standards as well as creations of their own.great service,small outdoor seating and never had a complaint in two years.

Reviewed October 10, 2012

Chris and robin run a fine bistro everything is always great. Only dislike is the table next too you hears your entire conversation

Reviewed September 26, 2012

If you liked the atmosphere at the old Ponderosa Steakhouse you'll enjoy your experience. I'm not sure what they're trying to be but I wish they would stand back and look at the interior space with an objective mind. You wouldn't have to spend a lot of money to make the place feel more comfortable. The food is really average, nothing more, nothing less. My partner had the salmon from the menu and I had the Mahi special. Both fish were prepared exactly the same, overcooked and crusted with a salt pepper mixture. The crust wasn't bad but a professional should never overcook or undercook the protein. It's not hard...I do it all the time and it comes out perfect, every time. Here's my secret, USE A MEAT THERMOMETER if you're not good enough to do it by touch. It's really that simple. If you don't know the correct temperature...Google it. Both dishes were served on top of the same rice/risotto but it was more like flavored rice than creamy risotto. Both dishes had the same veggy medley. That's it, very simple but not very professionally done. If I'm paying for a pro to make dinner then I expect more than I can do myself but this was less than I could do. I wish I could have written a better review but...this is it. Sorry Zinc. Service was the bright spot... They are very friendly, nice people. I wish someone would help them with the rest..

Reviewed September 8, 2012

I have been going to Zinc Cafe for four years, before I even moved to this area. The food is wonderful! Fresh, local, delicous!! Be sure you call and reserve a table so you don't miss out on a fantastic lunch, amazing Dinner or an incredible Sunday Brunch.