“VERY CLEAN AND COUTREOUS HOTEL STAFF”

Quality Inn near Mountain Creek
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in McAfee
Reviewed February 22, 2011

I came here the first time last week to go skiing. The women at the desk was especially nice. This is my second trip in 2 weeks , and I had a problem with my car.
The same woman was very helpful in getting something to make a temporary repair.

The hotel is very clean ,the woman at the desk is wondeful, and the rooms are well decorated with internet access etc. Actually I am posting this from the computer that they have in the lobby , so I did not even carry my laptop with me.

Definitely a good value and location for skiing at Mountain Creek.

I will be back again

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank PETERPNYC

Reviewed January 14, 2011

Room was nice.and clean. Comfortable bed, fridge, microwave, close to all activities.

Revovations are done and everything is in order.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank WalterNYC91
Reviewed November 22, 2010

THIS MOTEL IS UNDER WATER RESTRICTIONS!!! ! All drinking water usage banned due to unacceptable high levels of bacterial contaminants found in drinking water by health department. (Call hotel to double check IF & WHEN they are lifted.)

All coffee makers removed from rooms. No ice. Limited small bottles of warm water available at front desk. No forewarning given when I made reservations only a day prior. Told only when we checked in. Front desk was surprised no one advised us of water restrictions when we reserved. Had I known, I would've made other arrangements elsewhere.

No heat in bathroom. Freezing. Refrigerator freezer caked w/ice. No microwave. (You must request this even though it's listed as standard amenity.) Sheets & towels reeked of bleach. Cleaning left lots to be desired. No soap dishes at sink.

If you're desperate and just want a place to crash - fine. But remember to ask about water or be prepared to bring several bottles of your own. I'm not recommending it now due to the water restrictions and rating it a poor value because I think rooms should've been discounted for duration of water restrictions - and especially considering they were negligent to advise of this beforehand.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank hikinghag
Reviewed October 12, 2010

Just what we were looking for to spend a quiet, comfortable weekend after hiking at High Point. Some of the negative reviews I read here seem petty and from very uninformed travelers. Yes, renovations take time. Yes, not quite everything is complete. But those things are minor. "Handwritten numbers still outside rooms" is no big deal when the inside of the room is immaculate; beds are more than just super comfortable as are pillows. Good fridge, micro, tv & internet connection. Stayed in fall, so no ac needed. Can't comment on any possible noise from the unit therefore. All in all, we couldn't hear a peep. So quiet, we could talk in whispers. Hotel elevated from road, so road noise nearly inaudible. Staff helpful & courteous. Breakfast room & menu better than many I've seen in hotels priced 2X as much. Beautifully decorated. Halls well designed and pretty. "Yellow" color in rooms is far from "screaming". More like a 'calming, muted autumn-creamy yellow". Stay here if you're in the Mc-Afee-Vernon-Sussex NJ area. Offer suggestions as I feel staff are wiling to listen and address. Be constructive - not destructive . It'll only benefit the next traveler and you - if you need a good place to stay if in the area again. Again: Loved the beds! P.S. Owner showed each guest to their room, which is not a common courtesy displayed to many motel-hotel guests these days, which showed me the staff's willingness to please if given half the chance. BTW: The staff lives there (and isn't that what a guest would want if they need something in the middle of the night?)...so if they're cooking dinner for themselves, wouldn't you expect those cooking smells to waft through the lobby? How does your kitchen smell after you've cooked, say, fish or cabbage? Think about that before throwing a petty complaint like that. After all...are you sleeping in the lobby or in your room? And isn't that the point of a good night's stay at any motel? I commend these owners for making an effort and succeeding. Days Inn chain should be very proud of them.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank walkwoman
Reviewed September 20, 2010

We stayed in July for a week. The place was finishing renovations. The lady was apologising for the disruption. The room was clean and all the help seemed very friendly. We stayed again in Sept. The renovations were almost finished. The lobby was new and the breakfast area is now completed. We have been very happy with our stays and will be staying again.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Marge06484
Reviewed August 23, 2010

the hotel smelled. it had a gloomie look to it.the bathroom door would not close.the sink isn't in the bathroom. the ac was very loud and when i shut it off it had a burnt rubber smell that stayed in the room almost an hour .then i could here the next rooms ac all night long.threr free breakfast was wheat toast and ceral.the lady that was there was so ruid .the beds felt like brickes very uncomfortable.we had to stay in that town another night i didn't stay there i found another hotel.DON'T STAY HERE IT MIGHT BE CHEAPER THEN SOME BUT YOU WILL REGREAT IT.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank BLONDIE111977
Reviewed July 18, 2010

I was here in 2006 and gave this place a pretty good rating. And while major renovation has taken place since then, so many things are wrong here. I perhaps should have known something might be up when even the "Days Inn" sign on the road is half broken and the words are hand-written on in what looks to be magic marker. The (what seem to be new) owners have simply gotten too many things wrong. And what should be inherent in a hotel...inviting, quiet, comfortable, soothing, clean...simply is missing here.

The exterior of the building has undergone a major change in updating and is attractive. The land-scaping by the entry way is pleasant. The lobby was horrible...smelly of ethnic food and NOTHING there except an "uninviting" wooden couch thing was certainly unimpressive. The halls and elevator..uninviting and depressing. And come on...a year into renovation and we still have scotch-taped paper room number signs??

The room: First the good parts.... Nice new carpets and new furniture. Microwave, fridge and coffee maker included. Nothing special TV, but fine with good cable choices. Marble counter for the sink and rounded shower curtain. Now for the uninviting...painted just about the brightest screaming yellow I've ever experienced (and I like yellow!). What is the deal with the lights in the ceiling as our bedside lamps? I felt like I was on stage! Spring for a couple of lamps for goodness sake!! The floor lamp that was in the room, tipsy and cheap.

And now for the worst parts....HAIR in the sink, tub, on the pillows, sheets. Cheap plastic mini-blinds in the windows..the room was absolutely blindingly bright in the morning (our room faced east too!!) NO curtains on the windows. Not a single thing on the walls (except the white patched areas from repairs that were not repainted...yeah, uninviting..) The bed was hard and just to make sure we did nothing to mess up the new hard mattress, PLASTIC noisy mattress protectors!! The pillows were so hard and thick, my neck hurt in the morning. The alarm clock had what seemed to be a 100 watt light on the top when the alarm was set. And the worst thing.even above the hair all over the place was the (seemingly new) AC unit that I believe the motor was from a retired 747 plane. Unbelievable! I had to put in ear plugs!! Why oh why can't hotel rooms get this basic piece right with their ac/heating units???? (mine is off now and I can hear the one next door it is soooo loud!!)

So why was all the money spent on so many things that just don't matter and they got so many things wrong that do matter??!!

We stayed here because it was convenient to some things we had to take care of while we were in the area. I would not stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Splanky
Also consider these accommodations in or near McAfee
Grand Cascades Lodge
Holiday Inn Express Haskell-Wayne Area
Sleep Inn & Suites
Sleep Inn & Suites
#4 of 9 in Middletown

Been to Quality Inn near Mountain Creek? Share your experiences!