“An above average restaurant in a nice location.”

The Maywood Inn's Twin Door Tavern
Ranked #4 of 22 Restaurants in Maywood
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed December 27, 2012

The Maywood Inn is right on the border between four and five stars. The food is great, not amazing, the décor is the same, but the prices are very reasonable and the staff is very kind. I will give them the extra boost and go five stars because I have eaten here many times and have not gotten a bad meal. I think consistency is very important, and they are always above average. The thing that I am most impressed by at the Maywood Inn is their sauces, whether is a a brown sauce on their steak or white sauce on their chicken. They also have very tasty soups.

The Maywood Inn has also hosted a few work events for us and the staff is very helpful and competent. The buffet is a little pricey, but I think it is reasonable for the quality and amount of food they serve.

I do recommend the Maywood Inn.

Reviewed December 13, 2012

This is a restaurant with a varied menu and a good variety of specials. The salad bar is the best - all the veggies, etc., are fresh and tasty. The entrees are tasty and nicely prepared. And it's so nice to have a parking area. The wait staff is friendly and helpful.

Reviewed November 12, 2012

Lived in this area most of my life but had never eaten here. Attended a high-school mini reunion where there were about 15 in our party. Expected the sub-par banquet type food and service but no. Everything was first class. My chicken piccata was a generous, flavorful portion with double veggies as requested. The wine list is limited but had good selections. The service was OK, keeping this review from being five stars. Servers seemed to go through the motions with no enthusiasm and sometimes were MIA when we needed something.

1  Thank kbranman