“B-”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 9, 2014

We've tried to have dinner at various Olive Gardens a half dozen times, and succeeded only once because the restaurants were always very busy with long wait times. Recently we were at the Hamilton Mall and decided to try the local Olive Garden for lunch. Even at 2PM there was a short wait for a table, but we got immediate seating at a table in the bar area. We were there about an hour and there was a steady stream of arriving patrons. No question this Olive Garden is very popular.

Our waitress arrived promptly and patiently went to the kitchen to get an answer to our question about the garlic content of several menu items. My wife selected a four cheese ziti dish and I selected a bowl of chicken gnocchi soup and a tomato and cheese flatbread (leave off the garlic spread, please). The waitress brought a basket of bread sticks, but removed them with a smile when we noted that they were garlic bread sticks, and she ordered plain ones for us. We also asked for butter rather than olive oil and she brought that with a smile.

My soup was really tasty. I would certainly order it again. The flatbread, eh, nothing special. My wife was very enthusiastic about her four cheese pasta, and said she would surely get it again.

Our waitress who doubled as the barmaid was not overly busy so we chatted with her. She was a very friendly, very competent, very service oriented server, and we complimented her to the manager on the way out.

Parking is not a problem here because the restaurant is located on the site of the Hamilton Mall.

There are newer reviews for Olive Garden

Reviewed December 31, 2013

Didnt feel like cooking and had to stop at the mall so decided to eat at Olive Garden. There was not a wait at all but it was 5:15 so we were early. When we left about 6:30 there was a 20-30 min wait. My angel had the seafood aflredo. Smelled really good - he raved about the baby scallops. Im not a fan so didnt even taste it. I had the cheese ravioli with meat sauce - the meat sauce was tasty - only had to add a little sugar but the raviolis tasted freezer burnt. I only ate two - pushed to the side and had more salad. If we go back I will not order the raviolis. Our waitress was wonderful and came just when we needed refills.

Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

Stopped for dinner on a Sunday night after back to school shopping at fhe mall. Wait was only 10-15 minutes. Breadsticks and salad are always good. Service was great. Tried the lighter fare menu Lasagna Primavera with Grilled Chicken. Loved it.

Reviewed June 3, 2013

I have never been to an Olive Garden before, but I have heard many people rave about their salad (all-u-can eat!) with your meal. I had reason to go to this Olive Garden, in Mays Landing On a Sunday Afternoon, for a Private Function/fundraiser held by my Greyhound Adoption Group. We had a private room off the main dining room, and found the service to be quite good, I don't know if this was due to our party or if this is what type of service you would get in general, as the restaurant was quite busy located in the parking lot of a Major Shopping Mall/Center. Note: We had a different menu that the Olive Garden has for parties & group functions.... I had the Lasagna as a main course which was OK, no "wow" factor, not bad, but just OK. The Highlight of the meal was the Salad,(which comes with their house Italian dressing) which I would give a Very Good along with their breadsticks. The deserts were also Very Good.Overall, I had a great time, due to the company of good friends, and The Olive Garden handled our function very well, as we had over 25 people. I would go back just for the salad alone! At the time of our visit the restaurant was clean and attractive, and the restrooms very clean too! Overall Rating ~ Good

1  Thank larilu
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Ordered chicken scampi and it was oily and tasteless. The server was attentive and refilled our drinks. The salad and breadsticks were great. The soup on the side was alright, but no better tasting then canned soup. I would probably come here again for a short lunch but for dinner I would skip it. Very pricy too - don't remember how much I paid for it but it was over a 100.