“Rude and false advertising”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Tokyo Sushi Buffet Hibachi & Bar
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed September 6, 2013

My husband and myself took our niece and nephew here for dinner tonight.The buffet was terrible,service was even worse.The management was rude and obnoxious.I will never recommended this place or go back again very bad business practices and false advertising.

Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

I would say the food was good, but not very good. the Hitachi chef was entertaining. I woukd do it again.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

I will start by saying I love hibachi and I love sushi. I was so excited to try this restaurant a few weeks ago. We did NOT try the hibachi, so to be fair, this is really only a review of the sushi buffet, which does include other food (think typical chinese/japanese style buffet).

First - the selection was subpar. There was meat, meat and more meat. Now I like meat, and I'm glad I can try chicken 27 different ways, but there were very few veggie selections and very few veggies mixed with meat (or seafood, etc.). Me, I like variety. Now, there was a decent selection of badly labeled sushi that looked like it had been sitting for a while.

Second - the quality of the food was subpar. The sushi did not taste fresh to me at all. My husband enjoyed it, but I only introduced him to the awesomeness of sushi about three years ago and we always go to the same place, so he had less to compare it to then i had. But it just didn't do it for me. Also, the remainder of the food (chicken and seafood) were served lukewarm at best. And they were slightly chewy.

Third - to some, such as my husband, this is a big deal. He has a shellfish allergy. In most buffet style restaurants, they do their best to keep the shellfish products separated from the rest of the food. Its a common allergy. Same (in chinese places) with peanuts. However, here they were interdispersed (shellfish, chicken, duck, shellfish, etc.) and people had used the same tongs for each dish. Hence my husband could not even try 1/3 of the food because the same tongs that people used for the duck had been used in the crab, etc.

Fourth - service was not great. We only ordered water. Nothing fancy from the bar. or even a can. Yet somehow it took ages for the waitress to come and fill my water. I ended up finishing mine and my husband's before she noticed. Five minutes after I finished his. There were only 8 tables at most in the entire place.

Lastly - why didn't I give it the worst rating ever? I didn't get to try the hibachi side, so its not fair that i rate this the lowest possible score. I will keep an open mind if someone else tells me the hibachi is good though. And it was a very pretty place.

1  Thank Lisen M