“The restaurant is far better then the sleeping accommodations”
Review of Inn At Sugar Hill

Inn At Sugar Hill
Reserve with OpenTable
Inn At Sugar Hill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 80 Restaurants in Mays Landing
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Route 40
Transit: Public service bus route has a scheduled stop within walking distance from the Inn.
Description: The Courier Post recently honored the Inn with three & a half stars boasting, “Owner/chef Larry Boylan has put a kitchen full of thought into his waterside Inn at Sugar Hill.” That “thought” process has been ongoing for Boylan & his Inn for 22 years now, with no signs of letting up. “ I believe a good dining experience has the ability to not only nourish the body, but also nourish a persons’ soul… to be able to reach out & touch someone on that level is a high that gives me a lot of satisfaction & motivates me”, states Boylan. As an authentic Country Inn, the Inn at Sugar Hill has always strives to provide old world hospitality to both its’ dining & bed & breakfast guests. This philosophy has led to creating menus that reflect not only current culinary trends, but also respect the palates of those less adventurous. “Before I print a new menu I always look it over & say… what are my parents going to order & then… what are my teenage daughters going to like!
Reviewed October 30, 2013

Spent 4 nights here for business and was not very impressed with the accommodations. The food in the restaurant however was very good. If ever in Mays Landing again I will make sure to go eat here once more. I was on business alone but found a spot at the bar and had a good time and ate well.

Reviewed September 16, 2013

My husband and I arrived with another couple on Saturday 9/14, just after 6:00. We opted not to dine in the enclosed porch because of the sun glare. The porch area had about 5 tables and the room was small. We were seated at a corner table in the dining room. This room is also small and the whole inn gave me a closed-in feeling. The tables are up against the wall, and my view the entire time was a corner wallpapered wall. The table was wobbly and barely had enough room to accommodate the dinnerware. I realize it is a historic building, but they could at least update to better tables. That being said, the atmosphere was relaxing and they had live musical/vocal entertainment in the small bar area which could be heard throughout the restaurant.
We all enjoyed our meals: Chicken Francaise, Sea Scallops, Crab Cakes, and Vegetable Lasagna. Not extraordinary, but very good. The only negative regarding the food would be that I thought the crab bisque was too salty, although it was still good.
The service was fine and attentive.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

My wife and I went with another couple and sat inside overlooking the river.

The service was excellent and attentive.

Each one of us remarked how good the food was and we enjoyed the evening.

Looking forward to another chance to have dinner there again.

Reviewed July 31, 2013

Great food and service at this inn. An added plus with its outside bar and dock! great place to view the sunset without a crazy amount of people. All items on the menu are great so don't be afraid to try something new!

Reviewed June 10, 2013

This charming little town of May's Landing boasts a treasure, an inn with a great restaurant overlooking the water. In addition to steaks and seafood, vegetarians can enjoy lasagna which was excellent, great desserts, full bar and live entertainment. Very pleasant evening and quite a contrast to the oceanfront experience a few miles away.