“Nothing like a good Diner!”
Review of Mays Landing Diner

Mays Landing Diner
Ranked #15 of 80 Restaurants in Mays Landing
Cuisines: American
Reviewed December 7, 2013

While visiting an old friend in Mays Landing she suggested eating here. Keep in mind that it is a diner, it was quite good! Let's face it there is something etchy about a diner.
The place was decorated for Christmas which added to it's charm. The food was very good, we both had salads. I had the Cobb while June had the Chef. We both commented on the freshness of the ingredients, the portion and the presentation. I finished it off with a great piece of cherry pie and coffee. The server was great, friendly and accommodating. Though we talk often, we explained we hadn't seen each other in several years and would linger. Not being busy, he encouraged to relax and enjoy. We surely did! Though I don't plan on being in Mays Landing anytime soon, I would not hesitate to eat there again.

Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

our server was the best that we have come across in a long time. everyone was very friendly. there is a lot to choose from on the menu. What we ordered was really good. we got a lot of good for the money. this will be our place to stop.at on our way to AC.

Reviewed September 12, 2013

After leaving a review for a diner that was not up to my standards, I thought that I should also give credit to one that meets and even goes above my expectations!

In this diner, where service is absolutely exceptional, a medium rare burger is definitely medium rare and so juicy that you will want to keep your napkin very handy!

Plus, our server kept a watchful eye on us, keeping drinks filled and making sure our meal was exactly the way we wanted it. I must say, we visited here after an out-of-town doctor visit for my husband that lasted almost 5 hours! I'm so glad that they turned our day around and our frown upside down!

We'll be back next month when we're in the area again! That's for sure!

Reviewed August 22, 2013

I have blown by this place numerous times on my way to the shore areas. However, we (husband, cousin, and I) decided to stop here on the way home from A.C. I thought I remembered hearing the food was pretty decent, so we stopped.

Food: The prices are reasonable, as one would expect from a diner. However, the portions are huge!!! My cousin couldn't stop remarking on how big everything was (he was visiting from another country). On our way in, there was a huge stack of "Elephant Ears" pastries. We'd never hear of it before and asked about it. Our server gave us some samples. I liked the taste. It's not something I would go out of my way to order, but you could absentmindedly snack on it since it's sweet and crunchy.

We ordered the Slow Roasted Ribs (apparently a crowd pleaser according to the menu), Broiled Crabcakes, and a Double Cheeseburger. The ribs were well-cooked, but I didn't care for the sauce they basted it in. It wasn't inedible, but I make a great rib glaze, so it didn't compare to me. I hd a bite of the crabcakes and they were done perfectly. The outside was crisp, but the inside was creamy and moist. The next time we go, I'll be ordering that. My cousin devoured his burger, which contained 2 very think patties. He also mentioned how juicy it was.

Two entrees came with soup or salad. I had the Lentil Soup, which was tasty and filling. My husband ordered a salad with raspberry viniagrette. For sides, there were fries, broccoli, and cole slaw. Fries were done perfectly. Broccoli was a bit overdone, I tend to just prefer a light saute for my veggies. No one finished their meals because they were so large! As part of a to-go order, we got strawberry shortcake and chocolate mousse cheesecake. I wasn't very impressed by the shortcake as it was mostly whipped cream. The cheesecake was well received, however.

Ambiance: The diner had pink and green neon lights. It gave me the vibe of an 80s bar/discoteque. We sat in a booth by the window. A fly was buzzing around sadly, but it was very quiet in there.

Service: The service was really great. I tend to find that servers in these low-budget restaurants are much nicer and accommodating than servers from high end establishments. It's like they want to get to know you. Such manners tend to generate lifelong patronage. For instance, our server, Lisa, was really very sweet and had such a great smile. Whatever she could get for us, she was on it. My husband found a ladybug in his salad, but he didn't want to say anything because he liked her so much. I played the bad guy and she was quick with a "free refills" for the mishap.

As we got to talking, she asked my husband where he was from because of his accent. Come to find out, her husband is also from the same country. They started chatting like old pals about the foods from the country and how she learned to cook it for him (Made me feel bad since I haven't cooked one dish from my husband's country...guess I should stop eating out so much!). That naturally sent her tip percentage skyrocketing for my husband, lol. Honestly though, she was very sweet and I would ask for her if you've never been here before.

Overall: Give it a go.

Reviewed August 24, 2012

Unless you dont mind hair in your food or stale bakery. It's an insult to the culinary industry. Management is too cheap to use fresh products.

1  Thank ballack1