“Good homestyle food!”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Berlin, New Jersey, United States
“Good homestyle food!”
Reviewed April 27, 2014

We visited for the first time and had the weekend buffet. Everything was delicious, there were ribs, pulled pork, chicken, turkey, meatloaf and all the trimmings including mashed potatoes, rice, collar greens, whipped yams, etc. I liked the biscuits, which like everything else, tasted homemade.

The place isn't fancy but is very clean and for us that is more important. We will be back!

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank HerbertRambo

berlin, nj
“Real home style barbecue !”
Reviewed April 25, 2014

On the way home, I spotted the seam rising from the outdoor smoker, and I just had to give Henri's a try. What a good idea! Henri's is a small place, with a nice dinning area and some smaller tables opposite the counter. The atmosphere is down home, plain, clean, and comfortable.
I ordered out, so I could take home some goodies for the hubbie. I ordered the smoked BBQ chicken platter ( 13.95), and the smoked baby back rib platter ( 16.00). After about 20 minutes, I got : two drumsticks of chicken with the thighs attached, a huge helping of collard greens,another huge helping of backed beans, about 8 inches of baby backed ribs, huge helping of Mac & cheese,another huge portion of whipped yams, and two hand sized chunks of corn bread.
Everything is homemade, and absolutely delicious. We had four meals out of it all , with some still left over, and we are not small eaters!
My only note is I could have used a bit more bite some where..I added some hot sauce to the greens to satisfy.
Check out the extensive menu, which offers party menus, catering, burgers,wings, fish, shrimp...
Oh boy, oh boy. We will be back!
Henri's is only open Thursdays through Sunday!

• Visited April 2014
Pennsauken, NJ
“Great BBQ Buffet”
Reviewed February 23, 2014

All the food tastes home made and flavorful. The pork, chicken, brisket, fish, meatloaf and wing are way above average. The brisket is the best I have ever had. Everything on the buffet was great. Friendly staff and the owners are very personable nice.

• Visited October 2013
Williamstown, New Jersey
“Prepare to be amazed”
Reviewed October 12, 2013

Have brought several people here and I always say, set aside the decor, set aside the plasticware, prepare to be amazed. The food here is outstanding, the portions ENORMOUS, and the price fantastic! I recommend the combo- pick your meat and two sides.... but make sure one of those sides is mac n cheese because it's so good it's like crack. Sweet Potatoes/Yams, omg also so good. The brisket is great. The pulled pork sandwich, great too! My dining companion mentioned that there are burgers on the menu. I wouldn't know, I've never made it that far down the menu. Stick with the BBQ bc that's what this place is all about. They have a buffet on Sundays, something like $15 all you can eat, 1/2 price kids under 12. INSANE VALUE!

• Visited October 2013
“Amazing food, really great service”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

We love soul food and BBQ and somehow we've never been in here until now. Absolutely worth it. In fact, not only did we eat dinner, but we put a deposit down on the spot to have a party at our house catered. Now we all have "pork on the brain!"

• Visited July 2013