“Local, and enjoy the food & view.”
Review of Tuckahoe Inn

Tuckahoe Inn
Ranked #1 of 18 Restaurants in Marmora
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Description: Two restaurants with full service bars in one location: Inside is a casual family restaurant and Back Bay Cafe (summer only) is an outdoor cafe with a Lite Fare menu. We serve a variety of Seafood, Beef, Chicken and Pasta dishes with a dedicated kids menu. All food is prepared fresh daily, friendly service and reasonable prices. We invite you to join us with your family and friends. Please share you feedback with us personally so we may make our restaurant as pleasant and welcoming as possible. Thank you for considering our restaurant, we hope to see you soon.
South Jersey Shore, NJ
“Local, and enjoy the food & view.”
Reviewed April 12, 2014 via mobile

I'm local, and enjoy inside meals throughout the year. Outside menu is very limited.Beautiful views, just dont look to the left. Restrooms use to appear cleaner then they are now. I love their bread pudding, its the best I've had.

• Visited August 2013

New Jersey
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 2,257 helpful votes
“And again it was great! Do not miss their crabcakes!”
Reviewed April 12, 2014

Tuckahoe Inn is a great place to be on Friday night. Life music, nice atmosphere, good service. The food was fantastic. The crab cakes we had were maybe the best we had in a long while. They were not filled with stuffing and breadcrumbs but with delicately spiced huge chunks of real crab. Bread pudding for dessert was delicious like real comfort food ought to be.

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank podrozniczka60
Laurel Springs, NJ
“Better than Expected!!”
Reviewed March 31, 2014

My family and I dined at The Tuckahoe Inn this past weekend. I hadn't been there in at least 20 years, and I was very happy that the food was absolutely delicious! There has been an inn at this location since 1739, and if you are looking for great food and a cozy atmosphere, this is it. My crab cakes were just full of lump crab meat, and I loved both the traditional horseradish seafood cocktail sauce as well as the jalapeno lime sauce served with them. The fresh veggie side was just that....fresh! Tender crisp brocolli, carrotts and string beans were cooked perfectly until just done. The au gratin potatoes were amazing! One of the best side dishes I have ever had. My husband enjoyed his chicken bruschetta and the same sides I ordered. Dinners are served with your choice of a salad or soup. We were both really happy with our meals and the service was top notch, too. It's a long drive (over an hour) to get to the Tuckahoe Inn from where we live, but the trip was so worth it and we will be back again soon!

• Visited March 2014
Cumberland, MD
“Perfect Dinner”
Reviewed March 15, 2014 via mobile

Great view of the bay, great beer (Cape May IPA), wonderful waitress (thanks Rachel), and terrific seafood. Perfect Saturday dinner at The Tuckahoe Inn.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank spenser78
Barrington, NJ
“A bit more formal than I expected”
Reviewed March 10, 2014

I think business casual would describe the appropriate dress code though I saw a couple of T-shirts and jeans being worn. Lots of middle aged people and older as the clientele. Despite this they do have a decent kids menu and I saw a few families with kids (mine included). Prices are a little on the high side but the portions are way bigger than what I've become accustomed to. Food was very hot (fresh off the grill) and tasty. We ordered some slight variations off the menu and were accommodated nicely. Service was very good as well. We got there at 4:30pm and were seated immediately. Those arriving a little later I noticed had to wait at the bar. The place was busy for dinner (Sunday night and every table in use) and as such the noise level was a little on the high side. Free parking, great view of the bay. Would go again.

Visited March 2014