“MISSING PIETROS”

Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Takeout
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Old Marlton Pike and Route 70
Description: Pizza is a family affair for me. My Uncle Angelo arrived in America in the 1930s with a passion for pizza. He worked hard and eventually bought his own pizzeria in Brooklyn. It was there that Uncle Angelo invented a recipe for coal oven pizza. That recipe has been perfected over 60 years and passed down through the generations. My brothers and cousins in New York know the recipe. Diners at Patsy's, Nick's and Angelo's have enjoyed their pizzas, pastas and salads for years. Here in Philadelphia and New Jersey, you can feast on my Uncle Angelo's secret recipe dishes at our three Pietro's locations: 1714 Walnut Street, 121 South Street in Philadelphia and 140 W. Route 70 in New Jersey. I hope that you enjoy our classic style pizzas and pasta specialties "alla familia" for many years to come. Buon appetito
Springfield, Virginia
“MISSING PIETROS”
Reviewed January 14, 2014

Best pizza in Jersey and the Delmarva by far. Loved their salads, bread with EVOO before the meal is a bit of heaven on earth. Other menu selections always delish and served with the best grated cheese and flavors anywhere. Service was always great, staff friendly, and food divine. We so miss our favorite stop enroute between VA and NJ shore which we frequented often over the years. While location is great right on RT 70, access into and egress out of restaurant not great especially during construction. But that is over and access is much safer while egress is easy along secondary road behind restaurant. Parking also better. Not sure why they closed BUT we sure do miss it.

• Visited October 2013

Mount Laurel NJ, USA
“Closed but will return”
Reviewed December 9, 2013

Pietros is now closed and being remade into an Estia Greek restaurant. It is due to open this winter.

• Visited November 2013
Livingston, New Jersey
“A great stop.”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We stumbled over Pietros on our way home from Lancaster, PA. It was a good stumble. Pietros is a large place with a soaring ceiling and a huge bar. Oh and the food is good too. I had a ziti Bolognese which was among the best I've had. The service was perfect. Everyone was friendly and efficient. I'm glad we came upon Pietros and stopped in. It will definitely be on our list if we are driving along Route 70 around meal time.

• Visited September 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
“If you are in the mood for Italian - and VERY hungry...”
Reviewed June 11, 2013

then this is the place for you!

I was visiting my cousin and her husband recently who live in Cherry Hill, and they brought me here for a late dinner (around 8pm) on a Sunday night. There weren't many people here because of the late hour, but they told me that this is a very popular spot because the food is excellent.

They were right on that point. Pietro's serves their food family style, so we started out with a very tasty shared salad. (Any of the salads would have been a good choice, my cousin insisted.)

Crusty bread accompanied that, and though the oil was on the table, my waitress happily brought butter for me. My cousin had the lasagna, her husband had the vittello al limone, and I had the vittello con funghi. All were excellent choices, and my cousin and I had enough left over for lunches the next day! The portions could have easily been shared had we all been in the mood for the same thing.

The wine menu had a good selection, but wasn't snooty.

This is a wonderful, welcoming place for couples, friends, or your whole family.

• Visited May 2013
Cherry Hill, New Jersey
“surprisingly good food”
Reviewed March 13, 2013

Although Pietro's is known for its pizza, I was pleasantly surprised by the variety of other offerings to differentiate this restaurant from other pizza places. You could easily make a meal from the appetizer and salad selections allowing those who are more carb conscious to dine here while others indulge in the pizza (which looked really good!). Prices are reasonable for the quality and quantity. Vegetable substitution was allowed instead of risotto on the grilled salmon entree. Atmosphere is very casual.

• Visited March 2013