“Dinner at Pietro's”

Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Takeout
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Old Marlton Pike and Route 70
Description: Pizza is a family affair for me. My Uncle Angelo arrived in America in the 1930s with a passion for pizza. He worked hard and eventually bought his own pizzeria in Brooklyn. It was there that Uncle Angelo invented a recipe for coal oven pizza. That recipe has been perfected over 60 years and passed down through the generations. My brothers and cousins in New York know the recipe. Diners at Patsy's, Nick's and Angelo's have enjoyed their pizzas, pastas and salads for years. Here in Philadelphia and New Jersey, you can feast on my Uncle Angelo's secret recipe dishes at our three Pietro's locations: 1714 Walnut Street, 121 South Street in Philadelphia and 140 W. Route 70 in New Jersey. I hope that you enjoy our classic style pizzas and pasta specialties "alla familia" for many years to come. Buon appetito
Reviewed May 16, 2012

I have dined at Pietro's many times. I have dined with my wife and have also entertained business associates at this fine establishment many times. The food and service are always "top-notch". I would definately recommend this restaurant for anyone looking for a very nice place for a meal while in Marlton.

There are newer reviews for Pietro's Coal Oven Pizzeria

Reviewed April 23, 2012

We have been coming to this restaurant for about 5 years and have tried every one of the pasta dishes . We know they have great pizza but we have never tried it ourselves. They also have fantastic small salads that have enough to feed 2 or 3 people, also good rolls. There is a sports bar and takeout and they do quite a business in those areas. I have never been disappointed.

Reviewed January 16, 2012

I really enjoy the food here. The portions are large, the small salads are enough to feed at least two-three people, and the price point is good for what you get. I like coming here because I value consistently good food. However, the service here is terrible! It took awhile for our server to come to our table, but it was busy, so I'll give her that. But from taking our order to getting our wine to getting oil for our table, everything was a production! She had to ask another table who was dining if they would give up their oil for our table. It took a while for her to get the wine for our table. But here's where the service took a real downhill spiral. Our salad came out and five minutes later our dinner entrees came out. We weren't even a quarter through our first portion of salad. However, our service noticed this and instead of offering to take our entrees back or put them under a heat light (which is unacceptable by the way), she instead intentionally avoided our table for 15 minutes while our entrees sat there. Finally, because she knew she couldn't avoid us any longer, she finally came up to our table and asked us if we wanted our entrees put back under the heat lamp. Nice touch. So she took our cold entrees and put them under a heat lamp while we finished our salads, which took another 10 minutes. She brought our entrees back 25 minutes after they were originally put on the table and acted like nothing was wrong. Both of our pastas were cold and congealed (we had ordered a creme sauce), but we didn't get the vibe that the restaurant would care even if we did complain. Also, unfortunately, we wanted more water and bread, but since our server knew she messed up, she avoided our table for the rest of the night, and we didn't get more water or bread. You might ask, why didn't we speak to the manager? We would have spoken to the manager, but she was in a 1/2 hour long conversation with a table, and we felt uncomfortable interrupting her.

3  Thank sleepyplants
Reviewed November 28, 2011

First the good. The food. I'm extremely particular when it comes to pizza, and to some extent Italian food in general, especially when it comes to flavor. The pizza here had plenty of flavor. We had a pie with pepperoni, sausage, and peppers. The sweet peppers didn't quite go with the other two ingredients which on their own were very good. They use flavorful sausage and thick cut and just sligtly spicy pepperoni. The cheese wasn't your standard pizza cheese, which led to a more rustic texture. Crust was good and the chunky sauce was yummy. Also had their risotto balls which, well, I could have eaten three plates of them.

Now the bad, the staff members we interacted with, while not rude, seemed rather apathetic. I just didn't feel welcome at all. The atmosphere is rather...common and while the place was clean it wasn't exactly inviting. However, the food was good enough that I will come back.

Reviewed October 31, 2011

An easy spot to get to while attending to the madness of the surrounding area w/ its shopping, car dealers and distracted, intolerant traffic. This is a nice spot to pull into and have a fresh pizza and a tasty salad w/ soup. The price for 2 to have 1 (8) piece "smallish" pizza, 1 specialty salad and 1 cup o' soup w/ a glass of wine and a soda was $40.00 plus tip. I think that amount was steep for the quantity. We were one of about 3 tables in the place and the service was kind but poor. Except for the rolls brought before the meal (tasteless) and the parm cheese and olive oil (poor comercial grade taste) , the entrees were tasty and timely. Though it won't be a destination for us, we will stop again when we are weary and driving by.

1  Thank foryourinterest562