“Mediocre”
Review of Marlton Tavern

Marlton Tavern
Reserve with OpenTable
Marlton Tavern is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #19 of 119 Restaurants in Marlton
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: N. Locust Ave.
Reviewed December 14, 2011

Food just wasn't very good.It tasted less than fresh and left everyone in our party feeling ill.Won't return here anytime soon.

Reviewed April 8, 2011

My wife and I experienced a nice evening. The food was good, not great. The service was adequate, not great. The decor was nice, in an old victorian home. It is nice to be able to find a nice place to eat where you can be comfortable and not rushed out of your seat to make way for other patrons.

Reviewed March 29, 2011

Simply put, you could do a lot better for your time and money. I have watched this establishment digress over the last ten years. To the point where I, a frequent patron for a decade who has spent tens of thousands of dollars A YEAR, was banned for an erroneous report from a miserable bartender over complaining about being charged for a club soda. On top of that she made erroneous accusations of me getting into a confrontation with another patron. I am truly hurt over this and after much reservation decided I have to speak out about it. I really hope they get their priorities straight and start putting the customer first. The worst part is that one owner truly works hard there, but his selfish and vindictive brother undermines all his hard work. The food is great in the daytime before two when "Tele" leaves. The bar service depends on who is behind the bar. I would suggest frequenting any of the many bars within a mile of there. Once again it pains me to have to resort to this, but the truth must be known.

2  Thank 00yours0truly00
Reviewed February 7, 2010

If you're into weird vibes, visit this bar. Too bad the people working/owing it aren't as cool as the actual bar itself. There's a mentally challenged parking attendant who takes his job VERY seriously. I guess I get taking everyone's keys, but he HAS to park your car or he gets really mad. (The parking lot is tiny, a 30 second walk to any car, but you can't park yourself.)

4  Thank mangotune
Reviewed October 7, 2009

As mentioned by other reviewers, the bar, although lightly seated, had big tv's that were on full blast. I always believe people go to bars and restaurants to socialize, not be overwhelmed by loud tvs and music. We sat in the enclosed porch, off the bar, and the noise was still very annoying.
Again, as with other reviews, the 19 yr old waiter appeared not to know what he was doing. I had to repeat my beer choice 3 times. I didn't think the word Guiness was difficult to comprehend. I ordered a $8 burger with blue cheese and fries. Pretty simple, but I got a very dry burger topped with thin, tasteless american cheese food. When asked about the blue cheese, he eventually brought out this soupy salad dressing! So the incompetence extends to the kitchen as well.
Others meals were just OK, my daughters $22 strip steak was tough and tasteless. The waiter was rarely seen. We got the heck out of there and had coffee and dessert elsewhere. For the trouble, the 6 of us were charged a 20% tip on the bill. Forget this place, it must be run by kids! Plenty of other choices in the area.

1  Thank Rich R