“OK”
Review of TGI Friday's

TGI Friday's
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #82 of 119 Restaurants in Marlton
Cuisines: American, Delicatessen
Good for: Families with children
Good for: Families with children
Reviewed May 28, 2014

My first visit here in a few years. My friend & I had appetizers & desserts- Fridays favorites, so we didn't get very adventurous. They were as tasty as i remembered. The service was friendly but not very competent. A bit slow & the waiter didn't know what was on daily special until we pointed it out in the menu. We ordered coffee with dessert & were told they didn't have any & couldn't make any because the machines were broken. Really? A restaurant & a bar that offers special coffee drinks & you can't serve coffee? Given the number of other restaurants in close proximity, I won't be returning soon.

Reviewed May 9, 2014

I went to TGIF directly from picking up my son (10) from school at 5:35pm. We were there long before the evening rush. My son ordered kids spaghetti, I ordered a chk & veggie sizzler. after waiting 50 min and still no food - I had to walk out I was soo mad. Table next to us was seated after us, received apps, ate apps, and received 4 burgers...and we still had no food. Waitress said, sorry, nothing she could do - did I want to speak to manager.... I asked where he/she was - she was cooking. I stopped going to this TGIF approx. 1 year ago - for a similar experience with ridiculously long wait time for the food to arrive.

1  Thank MAO-NJ
Reviewed March 23, 2014 via mobile

Ordered the 10 oz rib eye and the meat was POOR quality. It was chewy and had a lot of gristle. The service was poor. The mashed potatoes were salty. The salad was fresh. For $25 I could've gotten a much better quality meal elsewhere

1  Thank Bigfatsausage
Reviewed February 17, 2014

Our waiter was by far the best she kept letting my 2 year old daughter steal her straws from her pockets and the food was soooooo delicious and fresh

Reviewed October 1, 2013

The advantage of going to a chain restaurant is that you know what you're getting; it doesn't matter if you're in South Jersey or South Florida, if you go to a chain restaurant you know what to expect from the menu. So we when we stopped in for lunch today we knew we were going to Friday's to get something that would be a step up from a fast food place.

And that's exactly what we got. Not bad, not great; tasty enough to go back another time. My wife's vegetarian bean burger was done perfect (not like the last time when it was bland and over-cooked), and my barbecue chicken flatbread was really nice.

Unfortunately, they did not have any avocados, so my wife's veggie burger had pickles instead. And because it had melted cheese across the top of it, she didn't notice this until she bit into it. If the menu describes a dish as having certain ingredients, it would be nice if it came out with all those ingredients. If you are going to make a substitution, at least let the guests know about it before it arrives on the table...

If this restaurant was out of avocados by noon, one wonders what else they'll be out of by dinnertime. Perhaps the napkins should have given us a clue: I don't know if this is company-wide, but they were almost as thin as toilet paper and so small you couldn't unfold (un-roll) them across your lap. My wife and I both commented on this to each other as we didn't remember them being like this before. It made sense for our server, Ashley, to drop an additional stack off at our table as the food was served.

And speaking of Ashley, she was the bright spot of our time there - very cheerful and friendly, and she did apologize for the lack of avocados.

When we're hungry enough again, I suppose we'll give it another try.