“pass”

Dining options: Reservations
MARLTON
“pass”
Reviewed March 16, 2012

another place that you should not go too expensive for ok food who ever been to a Chinese restaurant and you had to buy the white rice

Visited April 2011

Cherry Hill, New Jersey
“Joe's Peking - Fresh and creative Chinese food”
Reviewed February 20, 2012

I've been coming to Joe's for 22 years and I regret that I've taken it for granted, until I go to another Chinese restaurant and realize how special Joe's really is and how lucky I am to live so close. The staff is top notch. Jackie runs the place and has a great group of old time staff that make you feel at home. The food is the highlight - fresh, delicious and inventive. The minced pork and clams dish is one of their specialties and spectacular. The noodle soups are packed with flavor, vegetables, noodles and goodness. Joe's has Peking Duck all day every day and while it's great, you'd be making a mistake not to try the other special dishes. One helpful hint - they only take cash.

• Visited February 2012
Southern NJ
“Bad Value-Bad Food”
Reviewed July 17, 2011

Since my husband was away on a business trip, I thought I would try Joe's Peking Duck House, because they had whole steamed fish on the menu, market price, plus a whole steamed food section with some healthy options. We went there once like 15 years ago, so I thought I would try it out again.

I started out with steamed dumplings. The wrapper was very thick and doughy. There was absolutely no flavor to the shrimp. My choice of sauces that was put in front of me: regular heavy sodium soy sauce or a chili paste in oil.

Then there was my entree, steamed salmon for $15.00. I can say it was the WORST steamed salmon I have ever had. Instead of being moist from the steaming, it was completely dried out. It came with very little of some garlic ginger sauce that also was heavy on the soy. I could not get the waiter to understand when I asked if I could have some more sauce. The entree came with two, count them, two florets of broccoli.

I left with a soy sauce thirst, having spent $25.00 including tip for a really lousy meal. Needless to say, we won't be back. And at least only one of us overpaid for a really lousy meal.

• Visited July 2011
1 Thank GreenUnicorn
cherry hill,nj
“not what it used to be”
Reviewed June 19, 2011

Please ignore my previous excellent review. For years, Joe's was superb. I even wrote reviews stating it was one of my favorite restaurants. Not anymore. We ate there a few weeks ago and it wasn't good. After so many years of good food, I decided to give it another try. It was even worse. Everything was dried out overcooked and so salty that you couldn't eat it. We left most of what we ordered. The waiter asked us why we didn't eat very much. IT was noticeable. Even the tea was weak. We explained how it was tasteless, dried out and salty. New chef? Many empty tables? ( and it was father's day) Something has changed and not for the better. I will not be back. I left hungry. That was by far the worst chinese food that I have ever tried to eat.

• Visited June 2011
cherry hill,nj
“excellent in every way”
Reviewed October 16, 2010

Food is excellent. I love the wonton soup with duck and noodles. All of their soups are great. Chow fun with beef and sweet and sour chicken are my favorites. Singapore noodles are spicy and good. Nice staff. Sometimes it is noisy.