“Happy Eating”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 3, 2013

The chef is co-owner of this restaurant, and his attention to detail in their dishes is unmistakable. Have been there a number of times, always have a great meal. Wait staff is friendly and attentive. It's a BYOB, which is always nice. Portions for me are enough to take home for dinner the following night.

3  Thank Toni D
There are newer reviews for LA Posata Ristorante

Reviewed August 14, 2013

The food is very good with a nice waiting staff. They have a signature spread and roasted peppers served with bread. It is a BYOB so you don't have liquor expenses. The only problem is that there is a service stand right in the main dining room with a tub for dirty dishes which is not enclosed and very unappetizing to look at. I wish they would enclose it or take the dirty dishes directly to the dishwasher.

3  Thank 712CC
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Recently went back to New Jersey for our Granddaughters graduation. Took the family to La Posata because we had heard it was good. OMG, good is an understatement. If you love good Italian food in a relaxed yet upscale atmosphere, this is a must try. Everything we ordered was delicious. The broccoli rabe spring roll was my favorite. Homemade pasta was perfect. Bread, devine. When you move to the South, you realize what you have as far as good Italian food goes in New Jersey. Go, enjoy. You won't be sorry, I guarantee it. BYOB.

2  Thank happytravlertoday
Reviewed June 1, 2013

When we walked in the place it seemed they were somewhat confused why we were there. It took about 10 min for them to find a table in a fairly empty place.
The waitress was very pleasant. The food came quick. The gnocchi was exceptional with amazing sauce. My veal special was decent but a little tough. Homemade pasta was awesome. Overall the food was good but in my opinion it was somewhat pricey.

4  Thank njpk
Reviewed April 25, 2013

Real, rustic Italian food. Try the gnocchi. We get it regularly, and sometimes go out of our way to get it. Portions are huge -- one order is enough to feed me, my husband, and my elementary-age son!

3  Thank LisaT08055