“Have to work harder on the consistency”
Review of LA Posata Ristorante - CLOSED

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Atlanta, Georgia
“Have to work harder on the consistency”
Reviewed March 8, 2013

I eat here often because I stay at a hotel about 2 miles away. This place drives me crazy and last night was a perfect example.

Appetizer was fried calamari and it was good.

Then I had a salad and it was perfection.

Then the "special" of seafood risotto. It was DISGUSTING. A big plate of sticky risotto with the cosistency of oatmeal with a few scallops mixed in, a handful of peas, and a some clams ringing the outside of the bowl. I stared at it for a few minutes trying to get up the courage to take a bite. Because I was with a guest, I could not send it back. So I picked out the scallops and ate more bread.

The waitress was ambivalent. Normally when you are staring at your untouched plate with a tear in your eye, they will ask you if you would like something else. She did not, so I asked for some mercy in the form of a side dish of pasta. She brought me some, all stuck together with a couple of teaspoons of sauce across the top.

So come on . .. . you have a nice place, loyal customers like me and great potential. At least act like you care and put in some effort.

• Visited March 2013
2 Thank mkamal6

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food- poor service”
Reviewed March 6, 2013

The food was excellent, service not so much. The server never asked to chill our wine and never refilled our water. My husbands left overs were thrown out and she included a 20% tip for a party of 7. When the tip is included it is usually 18% and we usually give more. Not this time.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Spike57_13
Medford, New Jersey
“Greeted by Robots”
Reviewed February 2, 2013

The hostess seem to grunt when we arrived. No hello, no we'll be right with you, just a grunt. It seemed that customers coming in were too much of a problem for her. We were two couples in a good mood only to have that mood changed by the hostess and then by the waitress.

The hostess did have a voice as she commandingly said "follow me". No please; no pleasantries. The waitress wasn't much better. I suppose she was somewhat better because her tip would be impacted.

Our waitress did the absolute minimum. She didn't come back to check if our food was good or if we needed anything.

My wife and I have been to La Posata before and didn't want to go there but our friends wanted to try it. The food is too spicy and as I stated the service is terrible.

It is interesting to see people put up with this kind of treatment, but as for us, we won't go again.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank MrSands2422
New Jersey
“good reliable food”
Reviewed January 26, 2013

has been around awhile and food is always good, reliable, consistent. from varied packages that are all inclusive to ordering ala carte- selection is great. love the different sauces. will continue to return. service consistent

• Visited March 2012
Mullica Hill, New Jersey
“Worth the visit”
Reviewed January 17, 2013

Very good food and reasonable prices. It's nice to be served a nice fresh salad and included with your meal. The stuffed clams were 'fair', wouldn't order them again. But overall, it was a great dinner and I would go back. It's a BYO and that's nice, as it keeps the costs down for the evening. They have take out as well. You can purchase their side sauces and they also have a banquet/catering menu.

• Visited January 2013