“Iconic”

Mexican Food Factory
Ranked #22 of 143 Restaurants in Marlton
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Description: The Mexican Food Factory is a family owned and operated restaurant. They serve traditional and non-traditional Mexican cuisine made in house with fresh ingredients. We have a liquor license and full bar specializing in margaritas and craft beers. Please visit our website for a complete food and cocktail menu, and our revolving beer list.
Reviewed September 22, 2018 via mobile

This restaurant has been here forever. It’s a very in and out type of restaurant where the food is decent. They turn tables quickly so it’s a “get em in, get em out” type of place. It is in fact pretty dirty in terms of the floor, but it’s cheap, presentable Mexican Food. For what it is, it serves the purpose. If you’re looking for clean and immaculate, try a high price fancy place in the city. This is an inexpensive Mexican restaurant that has withstood the test of time, my parents took us there as children. there’s a reason why it’s still around. It’s not the best Mexican I’ve had, but it’s certainly not the worst. The service is prompt and courteous, and the food is actually good.

Date of visit: September 2018

Reviewed September 13, 2018

How this place passes health inspections is beyond me. Just about everything you touch is sticky.....chairs, tables. On way to bathroom I got a peak inside kitchen. Piles of dirty dishes next to preparation area.....gross! Actually wanted to leave then but did not want to upset rest of my party. The food is the usual Olive Garden type version of Mexican food. The cleanliness issues, including the bathroom, make this place a one and done.

Date of visit: September 2018
1  Thank jafcot
Reviewed August 9, 2018

The food is customizable based on allergies or food preference. i got the veggie fajitas and altered them to make them vegan friendly. The service was great and so was the salsa but the everything else was ok. Not my favorite Mexican restaurant in the city by far!

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed July 22, 2018 via mobile

Richard has been going to the Mexican Food Factory for years now. He just introduced me to it about a year ago. Last night was my 3rd visit. The food is always outstanding. The service is always on point.
Our visit last night did not rate 5 stars… having nothing to do with the restaurant itself. We were seated in the back room which was very dimly lit. I noticed that many people were using the flashlights on their phones in order to read the menu. This was not overly dramatic, rather was necessary to see because it was unusually dimly lit. Ultimately they did turn the lighting up and it made a world of difference.
Our biggest challenge was from our fellow restaurant goers. We were seated next to a party of 8 with 4 very rambunctious children. Because the tables are so close, the kids kept bumping into us. They were standing on their chairs, playing under-the-table and even in the aisles. It was quite obnoxious when the servers, carrying large trays of hot food, had to walk around and over these children. The parents were oblivious. They had seated all of the kids at 1 end of the long table and they were not paying any attention to their children's disruptive behavior. Because the kids were so loud, everyone else in that area of the restaurant had to talk over them. That made for a very, very loud evening. There was a collective sigh of relief when they finished their dinner and left.
Looking back on last evening, I probably would've handled it a little differently. Because the parents were so out of touch, I don't know that a quick comment to them from me what have helped. However I know if I had mentioned something to the manager he may have moved them or at least made a comment to them to try to get their kids under control. I would probably have done that looking back on it.
Other than that… the Mexican food factory remains one of our favorites!

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed May 9, 2018

Met a friend here for lunch who ,since her husband wasn't with her, wanted a cuisine he didn't care to eat. We both were very pleased with the menu choices. She had the 3 Taco lunch special,chose the shrimp tacos scoring a double header, since her husband doesn't like seafood either ! I had the mushroom quesadilla, which was delicious & held a nice portion of mixed wild+farm grown mushrooms. Both entrees arrived hot,& we asked for 2 additional flavors of salsas (verde + a spicier red) which were also delicious.Waitstaff was very attentive, fairly quiet atmosphere since it was a weekday just past the lunch rush.

We would have ordered dessert & stayed longer to chat over coffee, but the seats in this restaurant are SO HARD and uncomfortable that I was unable to sit any longer due to back pain. So, we left to sit in my vehicle in the parking lot to finish catching up.

Owners would do all the patrons a HUGE favor by improving their seating. I will have to bring my own seat pillow if we happen to return any time soon.

Date of visit: May 2018

Been to Mexican Food Factory? Share your experiences!