“Morgan turned it around for us!”
Review of Bonefish Grill

Bonefish Grill
Ranked #6 of 114 Restaurants in Marlton
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Morgan turned it around for us!”
Reviewed February 24, 2013

I met a friend from Central Jersey here for dinner...had called earlier in the day for reservations but there were none...arrived arounf 5:00 p.m. and had a 45 minute wait (15 more than we were told)...when being seated there were a few open booths but we weren't allowed to sit in them as they were reserved for others...also found out that I should have requested a booth when we gave our info to the hostess...as a first time visitor to Bonefish Grill, I was not aware we should/ could have done this....plus the attitude of our 'seater' was a tad bit snippy....then we met our server Morgan...she was a pleasure...when we mentioned the 'booth' thing she offered to see what she could do...though she too was unsuccessful her effort was much appreciated so my friend Linda asked to talk to the manager.....when he came over we told him how happy we were with Morgan and how her positive and accommodating attitude was a pleasure since we really didn't care for where we were seated and how she very quickly turned the experience around....well, the Manager Izzy was wonderful as well...he put us in the next available booth, which we didn't request at this point and still let Morgan be our server even though it wasn't her section....the food was great and Morgan and Izzy were also wonderful... we didn't think twice about leaving a 33% tip!

Chicago, Illinois
“Slow and slower”
Reviewed February 15, 2013

Dined by myself mid-week. Place was busy but not overly so. Ordered appetizer which was excellent. My main meal, when it finally arrived, was luke-warm to cold. Explained this to the waiter and he disagreed. He was more busy with the table of 6 in his station. Asked for the manager and I again explained the meal was cold. He did replaced the meal with one that was hot (fresh). No real apolgies from either. Not likely to return

2 Thank M K
Medford, New Jersey
“Get them in and Get them out”
Reviewed February 4, 2013

When we arrived and provided our name. we were immediately told by the young hostess, "they didn't have our reservation". When I insisted she take some time to look, she then took the time to check more carefully and found it. This was the first sign of being in a restaurant that is understaffed, rushed and the help has an attitude that the customer is wrong and doesn't matter. Basically, the hostess had a "I don't care attitude, we don't need you, we have plenty of other customers." Many of you have experienced this in your dining endeavors.

The restaurant was very noisy and very crowded. By crowded I meen all the table were taken and the tables were set so close to each other that no one could walk down the aisles without first checking to see if someone was already in the aisle coming from the opposite direction. I had been to this restaurant in Marlton, NJ several months previously and it seemed to me that they have added a row of tables. Has the Fire Marshall checked?

The service was basic - take the oder, bring out the meal, bring the check and so long. There was no extra effort or pleasantries. Our waitress did not ask us if we wanted any more bread, water, a refil of our drinks or desert/coffee; we had to ask. When we finished both the bread and our salads, the dishes remained on our table until the entries arrived, even though the waitress passed by empty handed a couple of times. Likewise the manager. By the way he never came to our table to ask how everthing was, but I noticed he did check on two other tables - both obviously were visually special.

The next night, we ate at Fleming's next door. Even though they are owned by the same company, there is a world of difference in the atmosphere, service and how the customers are treated. The food isn't that much more expensive at Fleming's.

I do have to say that Bonefish Grill's dinner - lobster tails were excellent. That was the saving reason why I gave them an average rating.

Bonefish Grill is OK if you just want to eat and don't mind being jammed in with poor service in a noisy room. As for me, I am afraid to admit, Red Lobster is a better choice.

I'm not a complainer and I normally tip 20%+. When service is just passable, I tip 15% and I never stiff a waiter/waitress unless he/she is outright rude.

3 Thank MrSands2422
Hamilton
“Had a good experience”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We ate at the bar and I liked that they have happy hour daily, even weekends. Enjoyed the Bang Bang Shrimp and Apple martinis very much. Very tasty. Then did the salmon with the mango salsa. Very good.

• Visited January 2013
New Jersey
“love the grouper”
Reviewed January 19, 2013

nice selection of fish. bang bang shrimp appetizer not to be missed. love their grilled grouper- when they have it. they take reservations as it is always crowded. last visit our server was terrible but the manager was aware, stopped by, gave us his card, free appetizers and apology. cannot ask for more than that. we will return. prior visit our server was awesome so it was just a bad server that night.. tables are way too close together for my liking.

• Visited October 2012