“always very good”

Ranked #2 of 50 Restaurants in Marlboro
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 27, 2013 via mobile

started in the staten island crown palace been going here for the last 8 years always good went for dim sum sunday and the service and food were very good

Reviewed January 14, 2013

Waiter was not surprised at all and just laughed. I guess roaches on the table in that restaurant is acceptable

2  Thank Devilnut
Reviewed December 11, 2012

I know there are many who consider THIS the pinnacle of Chinese culinary fare. It ain't. Sorry. We've been living here for 14 years and have tried them all. This place is dressed up in all the genuine Chinese pagoda "gongery" and waiters straight out of MGM Central Casting. But if this is where the resemblance to "good" or rather, edible Chinese food, ends. If you like GOOEY, OVERLY BATTERED and FRIED tasteless food DROWNED in fatty gelatinous sauces full of food starch and possibly MSG? Then look no further. But I say, "Yuck!" We keep trying this place from time to time and it is nothing if not consistent. I still hate it., If you want to find out about surprisingly GREAT Chinese Food? Try The Peking Pavilion in Freehold, NJ. It's enough to make me give up Chinatown forever.

2  Thank FamilyGuy_from_NJ
Reviewed September 9, 2012

Delicious Dim Sum outside of a Chinatown, my wife & I took my brother's family here to enjoy some Dim Sum since we can't get any around the Jacksonville, FL area. We've had dim sum in NYC, San Francisco, Vancouver, Chicago & many other places. The Crown Palace was comparable to the others in variety, service, and quality. All of our selections were great and prices were fair. The dim sum is served from carts, plus waiters bring out special. The staff were friendly and efficient.

Reviewed June 19, 2012

It was a small family get together, just four adults. The egg drop soup was so yellow, surely loaded with artificial coloring. We had shrimp with broccoli, ordered from the lunch menu. The shrimp was properly cooked, but was tasteless. There was no sauce to give it and the broccoli any flavor. Nice view of a little garden outside. Service was very poor. Waiters were more preoccupied with serving a large party near us.

1  Thank TulliaColtsNeck