“Creative and Fresh Sushi ”

Masa Sushi & Hibachi
Ranked #17 of 57 Restaurants in Marlboro
Reviewed January 4, 2019 via mobile

Just heard about Masa and was interested to check out the newest restaurant in town. While there is no ambience, it's definitely a worthwhile eatery because the food is delicious and inexpensive. We ordered various rolls consisting of 8 pieces in each roll. Each roll had a different texture and flavor. All were delicious and very fresh. The venue had quite a number of tables but it was jammed. No reservations taken. The hostess gives you a ticket upon entering and then you wait in a crowded vestibule. The tables turn over quickly but you can have fun meeting new friends and giggle over the hostess giving numbers out in her broken English. We had the seaweed salad and edamame to start. Loved it. Then we ordered two rolls apiece. Our friend had the Teriyaki shrimp which came with salad and soup. It was delicious. You can also have Hibachi at your table. There is something for everybody. All the sushi is always half price. The rolls are $6-7.50. The price is right. I was very impressed and happy I came. I look forward to returning.

Date of visit: January 2019

Reviewed September 25, 2018

Extensive menu featuring all sorts of sushi rolls. Tried the shrimp tempura, beef soba and specialty fried rice...all excellent. Service is great and the place is spotless. Try the hot green tea too.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed May 27, 2018 via mobile

Sushi was delicious. The spicy tuna roll was good. My daughter had the bento box with chicken teriyaki. It was also good. Prices were great too. The 4 stars was because of the wait. Maybe they were short handed. I will be back.

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed March 4, 2018 via mobile

Great sushi great food great he Baci and the prices are amazing the service was very attentive we are definitely coming back at least once a week

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed February 14, 2018 via mobile

Is half price sushi worth half the price? What is half price if it is their regular price? Walked in and there was a big crowd waiting. Seems this is a big take out place=cheap, not quality.
Only took 10 minutes for a table and server was quick to open our wine and give us water. Took our order promptly and did warn us that sushi would take 30 minutes. Being we had our wine we were fine. After 45 minutes I motioned to our server who asked if we wanted our check. No I want food. She said they are making now. She did come over with edamame as an apology. She saw we weren’t happy. At the one hour mark my wife was ready to leave but we were told our food was ready. So let me review the food. The rolls lacked fish. Small rolls. Sushi was also skimpy and one order was wrong. I will say that the sushi seemed fresh. Again, you get what you paid for, half price sushi.

Date of visit: February 2018