“Second Trip to Steve and Cookies”

Steve & Cookie's By The Bay
Reserve with OpenTable
Steve & Cookie's By The Bay is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 44 Restaurants in Margate City
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic, Large groups, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Monroe & Amherst
Description: Steve & Cookie's, located near the bay in Margate, New Jersey, offers the best of steaks & fresh seafood in a warm atmosphere with live Jazz 7 nights a week. Using the freshest of local and sustainable produce, all meats on the menu are humanely raised without hormones or antibiotics.
Atlantic City
“Second Trip to Steve and Cookies”
Reviewed March 12, 2013

I wanted to write a second review of this restaurant because my first review was based on a visit during Atlantic City's "Restaurant Week" and, therefore, was not a fair evaluation of the restaurant due to the very crowded conditions and limited menu selections. In addition, the restaurant sustained heavy damage during Sandy, so we wanted to see how well they restored it. We were not disappointed. We returned to Steve and Cookies on a Monday night to find the restaurant still pretty full. It was easy to see why. We started with breaded clams, New England clam chowder and Caesar salad. Both the soup and salad were among the best I've ever had. The Caesar dressing was perfect and the soup was obviously made with very fresh ingredients and was wonderful. The linguini in clam sauce was very, very good, with tons of minced clams and the fried shrimp were colossal shrimp, lightly breaded and done to perfection. The banana crème pie was killer. The service was friendly and attentive. Just a wonder experience. It is a little pricey, but perfect for special occasions.

• Visited March 2013

Hammonton, NJ
“A great place worth the trip!”
Reviewed March 11, 2013

I had been wanting to dine at Steve and Cookies for quite some time but it's a bit of a ride for us, so we just never got around to it. Atlantic City just had their restaurant week and my husband told me to pick somewhere on the list and let's go try it out. We immediately made reservations once we say Steve and Cookies was on the list. First of all, the wait staff was exceptional. Everyone was friendly and very attentive. The atmosphere on the place is coastal elegance but without feeling stuffy. I noticed and appreciated how clean it is inside from the fire place, to the ceiling fans and decor...it's spotless. We both ordered appetizers...mine a Cesar wedge salad and my husband, lobster mac and cheese. We were both very happy and I have to say it was the best Cesar salad I've ever had anywhere. I ordered the stuffed pork chop and it was delicious!!!! They offer a large wine selection and our desserts were amazing too. Their normal priced menu is completley reasonable and comparable to finer restaurants in the area. My stuffed pork chop is normally $29...worth every penny. My husband had a variety of seafood (scallops, shrimp and crab meat) over rice. He raved about it for days! It's definately a trip you should take and we will be back. Just one word of advice, especially when going in the Summer, make your reservations early!

• Visited March 2013
Cape May, New Jersey
“Great Place”
Reviewed February 23, 2013 via mobile

We went here to attend a surprise birthday party. The wine was excellent. The food was extraordinary as usual. The appetizer of bacon wrapped shrimp was the best I have ever had. They were the largest shrimp I have had in a long time. The entrée I had was the Filet Mignon. It was like cutting through butter. Done perfectly. The butternut squash and Brussels sprouts were a perfect compliment. You can't go wrong with the food here if you are looking for a great meal. Wine selection is excellent. Pricey but worth it.

Toms River, New Jersey
“Worth the ride!”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

We live about 45 miles north of Steve and Cookies and the drive ls always well worth it. The service is always great and they make you feel that you are their best customer every time.
Cookie alway stops by your table and says hello. If you are looking for that special night out or just want a great experience, this is the place for great food and atmosphere.

• Visited January 2013
Ventnor, NJ
“The best wine list around... great food too!”
Reviewed January 27, 2013

Cookie has a wonderful wine list, knowledgeable staff, and great food. It's a place that you will want to get your reservations in early for... especially in the summer.

Visited January 2013